Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier 2014 : FINALS (16th November 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2014' started by CLELY, Nov 15, 2014.

1. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

lol there are many reasons why LD lost to srikanth and not to CTC. LD, for one, didnt play well against CTC either, but better than he did srikanth. i dont like statistics, but you could compare the number of unforced errors made by LD in both matches. he made far more against srikanth, and he already made an uncharacteristically large number against CTC.

after reading the bolded part, i cant help but find it difficult to take you seriously. you seem to know LD personally, claiming that. LOL. as for your second point, youve got to be joking. :rolleyes:

2. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Srikanth did play a good game last night to get a win aganist LD. There is no doubt who is better player last night. You are right that there are too many unforced errors from LD which is very unusual. LD normally can increase pace as he is a very fast player but he didn't do so last night and this let Srikanth played quite comfortably throughout the game. I would think CTC could have beaten LD if he had a bit of luck two days ago. To get a win from LD is special thing but won't make him a legend straight away. I remembered there was a unknown Korean young player beat LD in East Asian game final a few years ago but haven't heard from him since then. Otherwise I should be able to remember his name. Both THW and WZM beat LD once as well.

#462 jkkwongnz, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  3. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

Actually no. It will most likely not have any significance at all in regard to Dubai SSF rankings.

Srikanth is already qualified regardsless of LCW participating or not. Vittinghus, Sugiarto, Taog and Yun Hu are the only players who could catch Srikanth. But it would need Yun Hu to win HK Open, Tago to reach final, Vittinghus to reach semis and Sugiarto to reach semis. But since Tago and Yun Hu will clash in q-final and Sugiarto and Vittinghus will clash second round, it is only possible for two of them to catch Srikanth and thus Srikanth can go no lower than 8th place in Dubai Rankings. This is if Srikanth just walks on court for his first round match, so he gets his 2220 points.

CTC has an extremely slim chance of qualifying. He will need all of this to happen to stand any chance at all:
    CTC to make final HK Open
    Tago to lose first round
    Yun Hu to lose before quarterfinal
    Kashyap to lose before semifinal
    Zhengming to lose before final
    Sasaki to lose before final
    Axelsen can't win HK Open

This way he qualifies, only if LCW in not eligible.

If CTC wins HK Open and LCW is not eligible he will qualify with these scenarios:
    Vittinghus or Sugiarto to lose first round AND any combination of two of the following three scenarios: 1) Tago to lose before quarters, 2) Yun Hu to lose before semis, 3) Kashyap to lose before finals.
    OR
    Both Vittinghus and Sugiarto to lose first round AND one of the following three to happen: 1) Tago to lose before quarters, 2) Yun Hu to lose before semis, 3) Kashyap to lose before finals.
    OR
    All of these three scenarios to happen: 1) Tago to lose before quarters, 2) Yun Hu to lose before semis, 3) Kashyap to lose before finals.

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Thank you very much badders..
    That was the best analysis I ever saw in this forums..
    Great work..must have spent lot of time in that ;)
    Actually I saw the rankings when KS qualified for the finals..of course after winning it the scenario must have changed..you think there is any possibilities of kashyap to qualify if LCW isn't eligible.. Must be a long list of ifs

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    badders7 already done the impossible and very good effort.
    Now you asking him/her to do Kashyap?

6. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    This is from the master himself:

“I’m glad to be in the final, it’s a pity I could not win,” Lin said.

“I was injured during the last month, so getting into the final made me happy. Srikanth played positively. The loss of the first game affected my mood. I hadn’t practised the last few weeks, so I could not adjust my game.”

So kudos the Srikanth, he picked up an out-of-form dragon. This is his best win ever! And by so long a margin, that he won't see anything back to miles!

7. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    This above is the difference between a champion, and a normal player.

It is we who are giving excuses, while Lin Dan does a very thorough analysis of his condition, Srikanth's game.

8. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    baddyfinal.jpg

Who are these ladies?
    One seems to be from Korea, the other from China, talking happily.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    They should be the officials. See the tags?

10. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Ya, but generally the officials also happen to be past players. Also, some officials are well known in their own right.

11. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

Kashyap has much better chance to qualify than CTC as Kashyap is 2490 points ahead after China Open.

There are many different scenarios that could send Kashyap to Dubai, but he would need some luck.

If LCW doesn't play, Kashyap to qualify if:
    1) Kashyap makes semifinal appearance
    2) Wang Zhengming and Ueda can't make final
    3) Sasaki, Axelsen and CTC can't win HK Open.
    AND
    Two of the following four scenarios happen: 1) Vittinghus loses first round, 2) Sugiarto loses first round, 3) Tago loses first round, 4) Yun Hun loses before semifinal

If LCW does play, then Kashyap will need three of the four above scenarios to happen to qualify, given he reaches the semis himself.

(All of my calculations are only true if none of the players involved withdraw before tournament starts)

I'm short of time, so I don't have time now to tell you what if he makes final or wins HK Open. But in general you can add one round to what Vittinghus, Sugiarto, Tago and Yun Hun can do per round extra Kashyap advances. Also if Kashyap makes final, Sasaki and Axelsen are no longer a threat, while WZM and Ueda will have to win title. If Kashyap wins HK, he is only dependent on the ahead of him, Vittinghus, Sugiarto, Tago, Yun Hu.

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    That was fantabulous ...sorry for the inconvenience
    You are a real supporting person...thanks again..

13. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

No problemo - I love reading this forum, so it's nice to be able to help out every now and then.

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I know I got a bit selfish...
    But I was very curious and anxious as all those anticipation was running all over my head..and its still 3 days to get the rankings :)

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well we need not worry about Ueda as JPN already have two higher ranked players KT and KM..so Ueda by default cannot qualify..isn't it?

16. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

Ah didn't think about that when I made the post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Although in the given example of Kashyap reaching the SF, he should still worry about Ueda as Ueda will overtake Tago (and Kashyap) if he makes final and Tago loses first round.
    If Ueda makes final and Tago loses second round they will both finish on 44.420 points. In this case, I don't know who qualifies.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm impressed by you, well said. Even Lin Dan was amazed with himself getting into the final. Excuses can be valid or lame.

I gathered you're a competent badminton player yourself with a good grasp of the game, and your understanding and knowledge of Lin Dan's capabilities qualify you to make a correct,objective assessment of Lin Dan's performance match by match taking into account the relevant circumstances.

I suspect Lin Dan wants to play at least a few rounds in the HK Open just to earn more ranking points to consolidate his rise to the top 10. After HK, there'll be no more tournaments for him until after the CBA winter training in January which means we'll have to wait until March next year to see him in action again.

The injury sustained in his R1 match with CTC at the Denmark PSS derailed his overall plan this year and there is not much time left for him to set things right in preparation for the Olympic qualification cycle beginning May 2015. He probably felt he simply cannot afford to take chances leaving everything to the last-minute with no buffer. Maybe he also wants to convince his new sponsor his injury is not that serious as to incapacitate him for six months or longer as it would have adverse impact on the sponsorship deal that he said he will announce come December. I think I can understand his anxieties and concerns as well as the painstaking efforts he's putting in.

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah well said..
    Moreover KT takes on VA,
    KM plays WZM
    And their compatriot TU has the best chance of winning as he plays Sony( i doubt about his participation and even if he does he isn't in form) and in R2 he'll be most probably up against the young CHN talent THW..well I don't see him having any chances of going ahead..as he may struggle up against the angry dragon CL who was denied brutally at his fortress...
    Kashyap's chances reaching SF is also very slim
    As he will play uncertain Thai TS in R1
    R2 should be even tricky as he'll face either in form compatriot KS or much improved CTC
    If he still withstands of course he can but the chances are meagre he may face No1 Indonesian TS or AG bronze medalist the late bloomer Wei Nan...
    I am surely being overambitious but I pray he surpass this thrilling challenge

19. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    As LD is not playing superseries final, I would suggest him to play Malaysia SSP +/-Korea SS to consolidate his ranking points as well if he is able to recover well from the knee injury.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    True that he may just go through a few rounds of the HK 'just to see how it goes'. Pick up some easy points whilst going at 70% speed and not damage the knee in the process.

It would help make sure he doesn't need to go through qualifiers in the new year. If a match goes too tough in the HK Open, he might just retire from the competition rather than risk the knee.