Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier 2014 : FINALS (16th November 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2014' started by CLELY, Nov 15, 2014.

1. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

double post

#421 arctan27, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

sorry but i have to disagree. justin was entirely justified to think that LD was not at his best. anyone who had watched LD in the semis knew he wasnt at his best. he wasnt pushing the tempo, he wasnt smashing that much as he used to, it is extremely obvious for anyone who has watched and followed LD (are you admitting that you havent?). even clarke mentioned it during her commentary in the semis. it is obvious LD was trying either not to aggravate his knee (given his age, and his recent recovery) or saving energy for the HK open. these are entirely valid and justified opinions.

LD showed he wasnt in pain? define pain. are you LD's friend? he told u he wasnt in pain? he might not be in pain in the literal sense, but given his recent injury he was right to play a different way and style, and he is such a ****ing legend that he can still beat top players with a different strategy and style, showing what a complete player he is.

"but its true". lol im sorry i understand youre from india and obviously are biased, but you saying that something is true doesnt make it so. i dont think justin was saying it was definitely because of his knee, but it is a valid (justified) opinion to have on why LD wasnt playing his usual style.

#422 arctan27, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  3. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

After China Open he's on 27.910 points. If he wins HK it will be 37.110. A tally which would only be sufficient for 9th place BEFORE counting any of the other players points from China Open.
    If LCW is not participating, the field looks to be CL, JOJ, SWH, Kento, Srikanth, Vittinghus, Tommy, Tago. Best chance to upset them: Kashyap, Yun Hu. Only other player with realistic chance besides those two: WZM. But he needs quite a bit of luck.

4. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

well technically it does make him a champion lol. and rightly so. however if he wants to make a successful career out of badminton unfortunately one win is not enough.

5. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
    Well said :)

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thank you, arctan27, for your well-argued defence. You lighten my task for it's tiresome to respond to every post when I've other important things to do.

7. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

8. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    China cannot deny the fact that rest of the world is catching up. Competition is a good thing for badminton. China is still a formidable team in all the events and always will be. They just had one bad tournament - needn't panic.

Though I am ecstatic about Saina and Srikanth's win, I still feel results would have been different had LXR and LCW participated. Saina didn't have top three in her half and maybe LCW would have taken care of Srikanth before going down to LD in the finals :cool: ... I love dexamethasone.

9. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

i dont think LD played in the french open at all. he didnt even go. he withdrew from the denmark open just before he played JOJ.

10. samir12

samir12 Regular Member

Funny how Lin dan fans criticise LCW fans for making excuses, yet they are doing the same now lol.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Ya, Lin dan no play french open !

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    +100 for that...
    Even my sis in the very beginning pointed it out..
    She sad she would keep laughing on his dressing sense and forgot all her wicked tactics...
    I wonder nobody pointed it in the dressing room not even the coaches.. :D

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It would be more accurate to say that China is not reaching the standards that the rest of the world usually expects. (same with Indonesia ). Yes, I see the world catching up but the perceived differences are smaller because China has dropped.

Which just goes to show, the world has been treated to a very high standard of badminton in the last decade and a half.

14. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Just saw the HK open draws. It's Srikanth Vs CTC - first round! And I believe CTC will have psychological edge, as expectations from Srikanth would be sky high.

15. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    You call it defense...
    Such harsh adjectives annotations and taunting pessimistic words at each and every damn phrase..
    You must be kidding or just got the blind fold of on your eyes from the point of securing your ego!!
    Well if it is the case its my bad I wasted my valuable time in such pointless arguments..well we both concluded it by the obvious reason of loss of interest..won't you??
    Getting back to it in my absence and that to with sheer demoralizing lines..I am hurt..and wouldn't post anything related to you.apologies from my side before this grand good bye !!.

16. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

i'd be the first to admit that im a fan of LD. but i think if one is objective one would be able to tell if one player is better than another. LD is clearly superior to LCW, and at his best, i dont think there has been a better player than him.

noone is making excuses for his loss, at his home turf, to srikanth. i think most people commenting are just speculating or trying to find a reason why he wasnt playing to his normal level. LCW has always played well against LD when he lost. it was just that LD was better. srikanth clearly played against an underpar LD. if he played against a full-paced, pressuring, smashing and dynamic LD, one that badminton fans have been used to the past 6-7 years, then i think nothing would be said. it is precisely the fact that LD is not playing well that there are discussions about his knee/etc.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yes...
    And most probably it would be the decisive match related to Dubai SSF rankings..
    Would be tough I hope the momentum continues..
    And if KS somehow win the g1 he has great chances of winning but otherwise he loose his confidence at Much improved CTC will run away

18. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

its possible to argue both ways. one could say srikanth has the edge since firstly, he just won the china open, and secondly, he beat LD, whom CTC was unable to beat.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You won't be able to edit after 15 minutes have elapsed. What I do is to reply to my own post, making the corrections or additions where necessary.

20. arctan27

arctan27 Regular Member

sorry if you found that offensive. it really wasnt meant to be. it was just my attempt at being objective on this issue. as with anything on the internet, take it with a pinch of salt. its not worth losing sleep over. peace.