Walkovers @ AE2011

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2011' started by coachgary, Mar 10, 2011.

1. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Honestly, Chinese badminton/domination never excites me... no regrets, no sorries, not even worries... I only take notice of theirs so-called super/premier league just cause my countrymen are gonna play some matches... the rest basically, *shrug*...

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

It's not necessarily China but the Chinese National Team controlled by LYB.

This act does nothing but eroding the "soft power" that China the country is craving for. The CHN team is pretting much doing the work of China's enemies.

3. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    It must be allowed and encouraged in China or else Li Yong Bo would not be in the position for so many years.

4. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

5. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

There is an easy way to fix it. Just make a draw that players not play teammates as much as possible. I think it is the way used to be. Why WBF don't do that? People is less interested in matchs between teammates anyway.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This I agree. :):):)

There are so many other players from other countries wishing to participate in the prestigious 2011 All England tournament, but not included (then later found out that those accepted players just give walkovers after being included to play).
    :eek::eek::eek:

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Because you will end up with teammates playing each other in both halves eventually ;)
    Or at least that's how it used to be and the reason for the change I believe in the first place ...

#27 demolidor, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  8. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    I wonder if these 'injured' players were affected by their 'injuries' yesterday? Anyone watched their games yesterday?

9. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

Then we know they will play their heart out in that situiation.

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
  11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In principle, these are individual tournaments. I think it's right for BWF to pave the way forward in diminishing the ties to national assocs, even if it's only in official rules.

12. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    I hope BWF suspends the Chinese players for a few months. Li Yong Bo would be crying if they could not gain enough points for London 2012.

13. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

If BWF really thinks badminton as individual sports as you said, why limit per country entries in SS final and Olympics? Why change rules (including draw method) so many time just to limit China's dominance.

If it is an individual sport, the rules and draw should be favor to best players and let the players win.

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    BWF would not redo the WS draw after TB and WYH withdrew and left all CHN WS players in the same half. If the draw was redone, would all CHN WS be in the same half? The fact that BWF would not redo the draw, IMO, has a hidden agenda to ensure a non-CHN final. If a computerized redraw is made, and still all CHN girls are in the same half, then that's the way it is.
    LXR and LX WO could be the first of many setup to come to ensure a WS player going to the final of this major tourney be fresh and not tired out. Should WX and WSX meet, I guess whoever win the first set would determine the winner. I always said and concur WO setup sucks for fans who pay to watch live. But if these WOs were setup, can we really blame CHN? ZN/LYB's main goal is to win the WS title in AE (AE is a major, not some GP gold or SS), not to promote baddy to have a level playing field.

15. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    I was wondering why there was no walk over in Yanjiao Jiang or Lan Lu match.... Now I know why... because the winner in that match will play Xin Wang tomorrow.....

16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    yes. suspension is a good option. 3 ss entry bans for every walkover. or ban the whole china team. Since they are into 'team' work. ;)

It is making a mockery of the system. ;)

enough is enough!!! ;)

#36 extremenanopowe, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  17. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    Apparently BWF do not know how to handle this issue. Penalties of $5000, $10000 etc are nothing to China team. They are wholly supported by the whole country and the country or the Chinese BA can always pay for them. What the China team want the most is OLYMPICS medals. BWF should sort things out with using this.

The so-called team work or strategies that are being used by the China team now have one ultimate goal - Olympics GOLD. They want to make sure they get the maximum of 3 players into London 2012.

18. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Well that's easy enough then. One walkout = automatic ban in the tourney of the same level. Will do wonder to their ranking.

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Could be LYB has already decided LXR and LX are the 'out' of OLY12, hence the WOs. WSH, WX, WYH, LL, JYJ are the 'in' so let them fight it out beginning with AE11 till OLY12 qualifying ends to determine who are worthy to go to OLY12. But with the WS draw the way it is, 'prepare' the CHN player to be fresh going to the final.
    If you are a paying fan, WO sucks bigtime. If you are in LYB position to win, with your job/bonus is on the line, would you really honestly do anything otherwise? Remember, no BWF rules are broken.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com