Zheng Siwei ( 郑思维 ) / Huang Yaqiong ( 黄雅琼 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 27, 2018.

1. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    the fact 'bwf.official' speaks unprofessionally and uses the grammar of a prepubescent tweener means it is unequivocally real.

buibui2 likes this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I unfollowed the HYQ one.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Hmm, The very fact that the name BWF in documentation is not “BWF.official” makes the IG account look false

4. Zzzz

Zzzz Regular Member

Zsw clarified on weibo.

Attached Files:

skhai91, rhoder, Justin L and 2 others like this.
  5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

He doesn't have IG and advises people not to be taken in by the false account.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  6. Taehee

Taehee Regular Member

2019 World tour final - Zheng si wei and Huang ya qiong

7. phucle

phucle New Member

Huh...I don't understand why this pair receives few comments on this forum, considering they're the number 1 by a wide margin. Guess I will take a stab at it.
    Well...Huang follows the tradition of female Chinese players with her incredible strength (her legs muscle is BIG). Her wrist action at the net surpasses all other female players in power and decisiveness , rivaling Zhao Yun Lei's. Her defense is, again, second to none compared to the current crop of females. The other top females like Goh Liu Ying or Higashino have difficulty defending against a full power smash from male players; not so with Huang. She returns those smashes with interests. It's no secret that the Chinese pair love to attack. But if they have to defend, they have that option too.
    Zheng Si Wei...well...the whole package. Similar to Zhang Nan in his quickness, court coverage, and massive cross court punch, but ZSW also possesses the deadliest smash in mixed double, and he can dole it out constantly, unlike pretty much all other male players. No wonder why this pair, again and again, defeats all other pairs, new and old. The only risk I see is injury as the attacking style is unforgiving.

Strong favorite to win OG.

buibui2 likes this.
  8. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

They’re so good and their strengths are well documented like what you described hence there is nothing much to discuss. There will be more discussion if some pairs start to rise to their challenge. Right now, I feel that Jordan/Oktavianti have the ability though I’m not sure they can keep the hardwork going. Wang/Huang are starting to be mentally defeated before they even start the match, since their rare win at World Tour Finals last year. But yes, they’re that good.

buibui2 likes this.
  9. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

They do get nervous when they are not fully in the driving seat of a match/game - especially against good pairs. It manifests from ZSW's decreasing quality of attacks, defence and his facial expression of visible frustration.

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Oh dear. They miss out on the OG so close 21-19. No luck. Wonder if they will try 2024 again? Similar to minions. ;)

Cheung likes this.
  11. whatAHassle

whatAHassle Regular Member

I guess the beauty of the Olympics is that the athletes want to do well so much that they fight like their life depends on it.
    Therefore, there was no room for Wang/Huang starting the match feeling defeated.
    And they did it.

ZSW has been getting nervous for a while now. I noticed it When they lost to Jordan/Oktavianti at the All England.
    Both ZSW and HYQ have no solution when Praveen is playing welll and if Melati does a decent job in the front of the court.
    He send the shuttle in directions that have them confused...and HYQ stares daggers at him.:D

buibui2, visor and rhoder like this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, I can only say, it's the kind of result that is more likely to happen in the Olympics than anywhere else.

The more Zheng/Huang wanted to win it, the higher the stakes, esp when it is all-or-nothing, the more self-conscious one becomes and the less likely one is able to play freely.

In other words, ultimately, the outcome between equals or near-equals where little separates them, almost always boils down to mental strength, barring any unforeseen circumstances beyond one's control, eg, injury, accident, personal issues , or Lady Luck, if you like.

13. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Interesting photoshoot: IMG_20210806_144515.jpg IMG_20210806_144528.jpg IMG_20210806_144552.jpg IMG_20210806_144618.jpg

buibui2 likes this.
  14. ngocthien

ngocthien New Member

Does anyone know the racket SiWei and YaQiong used at the PERODUA MALAYSIA MASTERS 2018 ? In the Final match.

15. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Congrats to ZSW:p IMG_20210927_140125.jpg

Attached Files:

buibui2, kwun, birdbird and 2 others like this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2022-01-25/doc-ikyakumy2458956.shtml

From the article, Zheng Siwei's split with Huang Yaqiong as a mixed doubles pair is not a surprise, because Zheng Siwei before the Olympic Games has been dogged by injuries, and during the Tokyo Olympic finals against Wang Yilv/Huang Dongping, Zheng Siwei even had to take anaesthetic to play.

According to Yang Ming, the head coach of mixed doubles group, Zheng Siwei and Huang Yaqiong will make temporary adjustments according to the team plan, and will try to form a new pairing with young players in the next few tournaments. Of course, they do not rule out the possibility of restoring the original combinations.

======================================================================

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2022-01-30/doc-ikyamrmz8323638.shtml

As we know, Huang Yaqiong, who's turning age 28, will partner Ou Xuanyi, also 28; and Zheng Siwei, age 24, to pair up with Zhang Shuxian, age 22 - the new combinations are expected to aim for Paris Olympics 2024.

What's the rationale ? "The 'YaSi' team is splitting up not because they are now weaker, but because of the Paris Olympic cycle." "They can now play for another six months, another year, but there is still the Paris cycle to consider," Head Coach Zhang Jun said. "Our goal is to keep the mixed doubles gold medal in China in Paris, so how to make the combination more competitive and optimize the combination is the most important."

buibui2 likes this.
  17. Hbmao

Hbmao Regular Member

They will be with new partners, but will reunite for AE

18. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

I honestly don't see how two 28 year olds (Ou and Huang) are going to contend for Paris.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think the pairing of Huang Yaqiong/Ou Xuanyi, both 28 years of age, is meant to give them a final shot at the next Olympic Paris 2024, whilst the younger pairing of 24-year-old Zheng Siwei and 22-year old Zhang Shuxian is to leverage on their youth and it's intended for the long haul beyond Paris 2024.

Also bear in mind that both HYQ and ZSW have been a dominant pair for quite a while so I guess they are expected to carry their new partners in their respective new combinations in the hope that the new partners, Ou XY and Zhang SX, get to benefit from the consummate skills of their respective illustrious members, and possibly bring something new to their game.

Sensibly, I suspect the coaches are hoping the novelty effect of the two new pairings can be a significant advantage in the coming Olympic cycle, a mere two short years to Paris 2024. Besides, the coach may be concerned that the crack pair of HYQ/ZSW could risk being figured out by their main rivals. Just my thoughts.

Still, I believe, nothing is cast in stone, that's why the coach, Yang Ming, is leaving open the possibility of recombining the old pairing should things not work out as they hoped for in the next few tournaments. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

20. Potato420dr

Potato420dr Regular Member

Student
    zsw/hyq are back with their first asia championship title as a pair