ZF2 --> ???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Kaiyo, May 24, 2023.

1. Kaiyo

Kaiyo Regular Member

Hi All, would like some recommendations based on everyone's experiences.

I have been using my ZF2 (4U) for quite a number of years, but they are getting quite old and the cones have already cracked.

Now might be the time to switch things up a bit now I'm older and less agile, fast and heavier. Like most players here, I do enjoy the power play and my ZF2s have served me extremely well over the years. However, I now predominantly play doubles, both MD and XD so was thinking maybe I need to look for a racket that is better for faster exchanges and control at the front court as well as still giving me the power for rear court play.

Based on what I have been reading here and watching lots of videos, I am considering (but not limiting my choices to) the following rackets:

Astrox 77 Pro
    Astrox 88D Pro
    Arcsaber 7 Pro
    Arcasber 11 Pro
    TKF Enhanced

I am open to other suggestions and if any of you could share your experiences, it would be much appreciated! Many thanks!

2. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I never had the pleasure of playing with a ZF2. only the Zforce 1 (and sold it on later down the line iirc).

If you can master it, Astrox 100zz would probably be the direct replacement for your Zforce2. I know of two players at my Sunday club that play with it and they have incredible defence and reactions. This is in doubles and mixed doubles games.

I have mainly played with Nanoray 800's and some nanoflare 800LT in the last season and I wasn't impressed by the Arcsaber 11 pro. Astrox 100zz and Astrox nextage are my backup racquets or ones to use when I want more power.

I have played a little bit with the base version of the 88S and it was a joy to use (overgrip too big was my only complaint).

If you can find people you play with and ask to borrow those racquets for warming up etc, that will give you an inkling to whether or not you like the racquet.

Kaiyo likes this.
  3. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

ZF2 was my go-to racket. now i'm using 100ZZ, as @BadmintonDave mentioned above i think it's the closest replacement. but... do not expect similar feel :D totally different... in a good way. i think besides we getting more mature in our gameplay (lol... in denial), the game has changed too. 100ZZ is my go-to now, ZF2 unfortunately benched.

i think the rackets that you mentioned are quite a jump from ZF2. i tried TKF, like many says it's a good racket, feels really good. but i don't enjoy playing with it. i don't feel the head-heaviness and stiffness. but if you are ready to move to the brighter side, try to borrow and hit :D

Kaiyo and BadmintonDave like this.