your relationship with badminton.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Nov 2, 2003.

1. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

badminton is my game but i also like playing other sports too i.e Tennis, Golf. play badminton 3 times per week and tennis 2 times per week and golf once per week :D

Kwun you've lost it lol :)

2. UkPlayer

UkPlayer Regular Member

Academic
    LOL I love this thread. Yes it is very addictive... but theres far worse things to be addicted to.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Ok.. since all addicts.. who have slept with their rackets before?

4. woop.

woop. Regular Member

Ok I have slept with a new racket close to my bed, but never actually with it IN the bed.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    slept with my rackets?! no. haven't done that. but various occasions, i have used my racket bag as a pillow when i nap in the gym or during a tournament....

6. fan

fan Regular Member

Relationship.

Grow up with baddy, never feel a thing about it, innocent hah.

Then fell helplessly in love with baddy when I was about 11 or 12. Three times a weeks? Not even close, I ate, slept and breathed baddy. I played in the morning before school, noon during lunch break and after school, 3 times a day. I lived for baddy. People started to worry about me being too addict to baddy.

Fast forward… …

Haven’t been playing badminton for a long time now, but still like it so much. What kind of relationship is this? Ill relationship?

:p

7. TRFred

TRFred Regular Member

Jobless
    About sleeping with my racket... hehe, i did it once, that was during my first game, i played straight for 2.5 hrs. and when i got home, i sat on the bed holding my racket doing some forehand and backhand grips and the on next day, i've noticed i woke up holding my racket lying down and still with my shoes on, ngee!!! (I got too tired and fallen a sleep.)

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Oh man! Your so dirty :p Ahhah i know what you mean.. u must be dead tired. Well i almost fell asleep few times.. but manage to force myself to wake up and take my shower.. but i don't sleep with my shoes on.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    high school sweet heart?

i used to do that too. i go to the court yard and play on all breaks and after school. i normally play till i forget to eat lunch.

10. tonny

tonny Regular Member

Hahaz... for me, my rackets r hang beside my bed. When ppl always ask me whu i like, i will always say badminton. I currently play 7 times a week.

11. fan

fan Regular Member

Yeah, high school sweet heart and more.

Unlike most high school sweet heart that the relationship won’t go beyond high school. Despite the rapid decrease of the ‘physical relationship’ after high school, our passion, me and my badminton, for each other are still running pretty high. I doubt the relationship, spiritually, will ever end.

12. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Re: Re: Re: Re: your relationship with badminton.

Hey LB, that's a start.

I am sure that she is as nervous about this as you and I am sure that you guys converse during the ride and I would suggest that you ask her to get together for coffee/dessert or something. E.g. "would you like to meet for coffee/dessert after (her) work/(your) play?", etc.

Fact that she enjoys watching probably means that if given the opportunity to pick up the sport, she would do it. Offer to play with her (i.e. hit around) and slowly show her the right techniques, footwork (giving encouragement all the time).

Good luck.

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Oh man.. when i read some replys here i can feel that Badminton is like a sweetheart of lover. If someone don't know about badminton , when they read the post they will think your talking about another person. heheh :D

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Message from my girl friend whilst I was playing on monday night:

Sleep in the badminton court, with rackets and shuttles, ******* is happy with the dream full of badminton stuff. It will be fantastic if *** will be a big racket.

The first ** was me, and the second was her.

15. Kennyb

Kennyb Regular Member

What I like about my relationship...

Everything is so true what people have said in there.

One thing good about the relationship with badminton is the fact the rackets won't bitch at you if you go and use a new racket - can be abit of a player and give away your old racket away and they won't snap at you. Although.... It is very painful when you see the beloved rakcet brake. :D :p

I wonder if those so-called "love-doctors" can help us with the problems we share for our rackets. :D

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Badminton relationship longer than being married:)

17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Does that mean we (attached members) are two timing. I am confused which is the affair, and which is the relationship?!

18. iluvthesun

iluvthesun Regular Member

Just replace the word 'badminton' with the word 'girl' and it all makes sense hehehe

Strangely, I can relate: sometimes I absolutely love tennis and hate badminton but sometimes it's exactly the opposite. I find that I can't like playing both at one time. But football is different - I always love it ;) I sure hope that Kwun's analogy doesn't reflect true relationships...

19. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    Sleeping with your racket?!!:D Huh.... I did it once when i just bought my new racket Carlton As-1.:p

20. faion

faion Regular Member

love for the game

i can honestly say i agree with kwun. I've played other sports before and that is what has happened.
    As for badminton, i would consider myself addicted. I try or want to play at every chance i got. The days i don't play, i feel like something is missing. Too bad i just got injuried otherwise i'd be playing again today. But then again, i set a goal, so that's why i want to play/practice more, hoping i get better every time.

And...i've noticed alot about sleeping with the racquet...??? NO...never...don't wanna break it...it can be frustrating if it breaks during a game...but...while sleeping with it?? Man,..that's just pathetic.:p

**Lazybuddy
    sounds like you're alittle interested, get her more involved in the game. :D