Yonex Voltric Z-Force 2 vs Li-Ning 3D Calibar 900C vs Victor Thruster F Enhanced

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alternat0, Jan 6, 2022.

1. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

Dear all,
    If there is already a thread on this kind share...

I really enjoy playing with VZF2. Looking to add to my armory, either Calibar 900C or Thruster F Enhanced. Anyone experienced with these 3 rackets? How do they compare in play?

Thanks so much.

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

None of Lining line up that is as stiff as ZF & as Head Heavy as ZF. Normally on Lining, 4U are head heavier yet 3U less head heavy.
    & TKFE also not a sledge hammer racket either.
    ZF is unique on its own.

alternat0 and Woesi like this.
  3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Haven't played with the Thruster F Enhanced, but used the other two for a while.

The Calibar 900C is a fairly different racket when compared to the ZF2, it is less head heavy and less stiff as @Budi said and it feels rather hollow and less solid in comparison to the ZF2.

On the other hand, the 900C is easier to use and less fatiguing on the arm.
    While it lacks in power, it feels slightly faster than the ZF2 (3U version).

If you are looking for a racket closer to the ZF2, you should consider buying a Voltric LD Force (if you can find one) or an Astrox 88D/99. Or just get another ZF2, that would probably be the most affordable choice as well...

alternat0 and yenyesoh like this.
  4. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

thanks @Budi and @Woesi..

seems continuing with Yonex is the better choice. i can imagine that Voltric LD Force will be similar. going a bit off-topic of the thread, how does AstroX 88/99D compare to ZF2? Should I consider 100 also?

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

In term of headheaviness, 99 would be close but 99 not as stiff as ZF & no compact frame.

6. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

How good is your technique and physicality?

Zf2 is an immensely demanding racquet.

Many players don't like the feel/touch, the sweetspot is tiny. If you are a top player playing other top players, the timing window is very small as they will rob you of time.

Middle to weaker players are unlikely to have good enough feeling/touch/timing to make it an optimal choice.

Then, you need impressive strength etc to get enough racquet head speed. This is the reason I'll be retiring my ZF2, i love the tiny sweet spot because the racquet feels like an extension of my hand. However, my racquet head speed is far far too low.

I have a lot more power, and similar touch with 88S for example, because it doesn't need the same racquet head speed to generate a modest amount of power. Since i can't generate high racquet head speed, the ZF2 always gives me lower power than pretty much all other racquets.

7. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

@Basquests i'm not a professional player, but i enjoy playing with VZF2, it might be the best racket i've ever felt. in the past also really liked my Apacs Lethal 70, before i broke it. i have tried balanced rackets before, also more flex ones, but didn't like it. so... to answer your question, i might not have great technique or physicality, but... really, really enjoy head-heavy stiff rackets. i love the sensation of hitting with it :D

researching more... i'm sticking to Yonex. previously wanted to try out other brands, but since it's a high-end racket, don't want to risk it.

so... think i'm down to Astrox 88D Pro or 100ZZ. from what i read and watched, 88 has more flex but more head heavy, while 100 is more stiff but less head heavy feel. gonna find a way to try them :) but if any experience would help...

(and i don't want to get another VZF2, for the sake of having an option in my arsenal)

8. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

For sure, you do you mate. I'm just saying to get the most out of the racquet, several conditions must be met.

That's why I liked the 88S (the discontinued generation i.e. green or red/white]. I get the same amazing feeling I do, with amazing precision to boot- just like I enjoy with the ZF2, but I get more power as its more forgiving WRT a minimum threshold for swing speed.

For me, the most important thing is feeling and knowing intimately where the shuttle will go, or where the ball will go for Table tennis. Everything else is negotiable as a tradeoff, that thing must be there. That brings the joy, and ability to craft a point/use creativity through precise placement.

alternat0 likes this.
  9. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

your comment is making me lean towards the 88D Pro :D seems more forgiving... many say it's easier to generate power with it.

10. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

Been a while since I posted this... But wanted to write back, in case someone needs similar help.

Finally, I went with 100ZZ. Compared to ZF2, I feel it's more flexible thus easier to generate power, but you can still feel the head-heaviness (and not much difference with ZF2). I agree with many people that ZF2 feels like it's just not "moving." While 100ZZ is a weird (in a good way) extra stiff staff.

For tighter matches, I go with 100ZZ now. Generate more power, save energy. But if I want to challenge myself, I go back to ZF2. The feeling when you hit the sweet spot with a good position is heavenly.

Why I didn't go 88D Pro? It was a bit less head-heavy and a bit less stiff. Dry swing right away feel it.
    Another consideration my favorite colors are blue and orange :D

Comments above and availability swayed me from Li-ning and Victor, but I'm still curious. Will borrow from a friend, if ever...

yenyesoh likes this.