Yonex Voltric I-Force / iForce (VTIF-5UG5) review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ronyyk76, Jul 23, 2013.

1. knowledgeseeker

knowledgeseeker New Member

Accountant
    Thanks for the feedback! Wow, you've been through quite a few rackets. Would love to try the VT80 E-tune but doubt I can handle rackets with stiff shafts. The VT70 E-tune sounds like an interesting option but too fragile maybe? Paul Stewart also mentioned that he detected some vibrations on this racket?! Between, the VTIF and VT70etune, which did you prefer overall? Would the VTIF be a bit too light to generate power at just 5U??

2. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

i prefer the 70etune with 4pc orange weight , yes you are absolutely right head heavy, better power. VTIF
    i love it for casual .relax play.

3. knowledgeseeker

Accountant
    Look like i'll be going for the 70etune! Did u have the 3U or 4U version? But first gotta check if my local retailer knows how to string this racket!! They don't carry any of the etune models...

Did you ever try it without the orange bits? Or just a pair (top or bottom) at a time?

4. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    I believe there is a specific thread for 70 e-tune in this one
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/145381-Yonex-Voltric-70-E-tune
    There are some reviews regarding the possible combination of the tune.
    You might want to look at that.

Anyway,
    yonex just released nanoray i-speed which is a medium flex racket as well. I wonder if anyone has tried i-force and i-speed and would like to share their opinion.

5. knowledgeseeker

Accountant

Thanks, Feroy. Just went through the thread... rather confusing I thought! First they say the orange bits give more power but then elsewhere they say it gives more control and it's the purple bits instead that give more power or repulsion! Reading on, someone says adding the purple bits actually make the racquet weaker!

Even chanced upon Ronny's comments in that thread which were less than complimentary, that it seemed heavy with all the orange bits and that defence was weak. Perhaps it was early days then and it got better the more you used it?

And now there's an I-Speed out as well... options are good I guess. Will look out for the reviews :)

6. ronny108

ronny108 Regular Member

yes , after a while , get used to it,

7. knowledgeseeker

Accountant
    Yea, some racquets do need to be 'tamed' first!

The I-Speed has been brought to my attention and am looking into that too. It's quite a bit more expensive than the VT70, 70etune & IF tho ... :( Wonder if it's worth it ...

8. Dave H

Dave H Regular Member

Teacher
    Just thought i'd give a review of this...

I'm in Beijing and bought this at the local shop (its a genuine Yonex lol). I'm not a good smasher at all, my technique is not good, but i'm fast and as most of the play here is doubles I wanted a fast racquet. I bought a Voltric 7 but never took to it. I then changed to the i-Force and strung it at 25lbs. I got used to it quickly and it felt so fast it made my 7 feel like a broadsword ! The string broke after 4 weeks but had it restrung, again at 25lbs. First night back, first game it was hit from behind me and broke, right in the centre at the top. The coach here repaired and restrung it, again at 25lbs. I didn't want to trust it, but to be honest it's been great. It's clashed about 3 times and survived. Now it needs a restring as they are going to break soon looking at them, so I considered getting a new racquet. Then I thought that since i've improved my technique and play this last year or so maybe the 7 will be better for me. Guess what? I tried it and didn't hit a good shot all night (not a surprise really). So I used the i-Force for the last game and all was well. I really trust and enjoy this racquet, and if i'm honest, unless I was an elite player there's probably not much point in changing from something that works for me. Granted, it's not the most powerful racquet out there, but then i'm not the most powerful player either. If I can improve my play and technique i'll be able to smash better and improve with this racquet.

So, to sum up, I love this racquet. Some guys here say it's a bit of a 'girls racquet' as it has a flash of pink on it. But those same guys can't even do the 'girly net shots' as they all believe in smashing the hell out of the shuttle.

Oh, I'd welcome opinions about my string tension/smashing ability. I know that high tension is not always great and i'm thinking of stringing the new one at about 23/24 lbs.

Sidk likes this.