Yonex Voltric 80 VS Li Ning Woods N90 II

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lindanftw, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student

You are welcome.... The situation is quite complicated, i would say. Since you are able to wield 3U VT80, unleashing N90 should not be a complex problem..But you are saying the opposite. What differentiate your VT80 & your N90 is only the string attached & some weight be it the head or overall weight.
    Spending more time with your N90 & changing the string should probably help you sort of this problem. Let us know the outcome.

All the best..

2. BaggedCat

BaggedCat Regular Member

Video Games Designer
    n90 is slightly head heavier when comparing balance point specs. but the vt80 is more flexible. when you swing vt80 you will feel the head heavyness as it flexes the shaft. perhaps if you dont swing the n90 fast enough the shaft does not bend so feels less head heavy. this may also be why your smashes are flat with the n90 because it is less flexible. without swinging fast enough to flex the shaft it will feel overall heavy rather than head heavy, you will get no power and the smash will be flatter.

3. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    thank you baggedcat. i think your opinion are correct. so i add tape on top frame n90 help me to flex the shaft, and get some extra power. Need a lot of wrist training for handle this n90.

4. derekso

derekso Regular Member

I have the n 90 and n 90 II. I have tried the voltric 80. These three are all amazing rackets i must say. There are however differences between them. the voltric 80 is easy to use. i believe most average players can harness the power and control it can gives. The smashes are fast, defending is pretty nice for singles racket and swift. the n 90 II and the n 90 are different. They are not made to be easily used. The power needed to succesfully use these two rackets is immense. However, once one has the power the bend their extra stiff shafts, i believe the n 90 and n 90 II is beter than the voltric 80. i currently use the n 90 II. n 90 is just too much . hurts my arms too much. =). i string my rackets 27LB bg 80

5. gelee

gelee Regular Member

I have both n90 and voltric 80, same grip(karakal PU super) and bg80 26lbs. First of all, its quite obvious that voltric 80 has a heavier overall weight compared to the n90, when both are supposed to be 3U. I am not talking about the odd +-5g more, the N90 just feels alot lighter than most yonex 3Us and I have and I have alot of Yonex 3U racquests.

Now, quite subjective, but I know alot of folks swear by that the n90 is head heavier than vt80 and I dont quite get that myself. When I am using my n90, my swing speed and wrist maneuverability is alot easier compared to vt80, vt80 gives me more of that hammer wielding feel while n90 is like swinging a screwdriver, of course the difference is not as drastic as described but you get my point.

Just my 2 cents.

6. chris0612

chris0612 Regular Member

student
    just curious, is it vt 80 shaft is going softer after several month?