Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open SS 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (27th March 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Mar 26, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Siri Fort Indoor Stadium, New Delhi-IND

Total prize-money
    : US$275,000

Order of play
    (02.00pm local time, 3 courts) : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...09AD14-E0E9-4A86-B7A5-545F63DAEC31&d=20150327

New Delhi time
    : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

Fantastic Friday! as mentioned by BAI Media twitter, all badminton lovers will enjoy fantastic quarterfinal clashes.

MS, huge upset as one of highly favorites top-seed Jorgensen got premature exit by local player H.S. Prannoy whom will take on another Danish #2 Viktor Axelsen today. Tommy finally scored winning over Wei Nan yesterday, his journey most likely will reach finish line at last eight as the great Lin Dan is waiting for him. From lower half of draw, frontrunner Srikanth is still on the right track to semifinal, his compatriot Gurusaidutt will up against on-fire Chinese back up Xue Song.

WS, an easy route for Nehwal to book semi and final. The green youngster Ramadhini and either Yip PY or Hashimoto aren't on par to this Indian jewel. Interesting ties at bottom half, three talented rising stars wil battle to hunt final ticket. The fully confidenced Marin should learn her defeat in HKG SS last year to Okuhara while Intanon is favourite to eliminate Yao Xue.

MD, CHN v DEN at top-half. Last year winner Boe/Mogensen is clear favourite to prevail, their fellow countrymen Conrad/Kolding has chance to beat off form Liu/Qiu. Close ties are expected from Chai/Biao v Hashimoto/Hirata and the tall Russian pair Ivanov/Sozonov contra world #5 Endo/Hayakawa.

WD, 1 semifinal berths has been secured by China, on paper three remaining tickets may go to higher seeded pairs. Lee SH/Shin SC is potential underdog to upset #1 seed Matsutomo/Takahashi, while KOR new partnership Chang YN/Yoo HW who knocked out JPN #2 Kakiiwa/Maeda would deliver stiff resistance for former world#1 Bao YX/Tang JH.

XD, two INA hopefuls may get different fortune as Subaktiar/Widjaja has relatively favourable draw to meet Singaporean Triyachart/Sari whilst Jordan/Susanto will challenge CHN #4 Lu K/Huang YQ. Two hot pairs that performing superb recently will meet each other today, Liu C/Bao YX v Kolding/Juhl.

BWF youtube live-streaming => https://www.youtube.com/badmintonworldtv

LIVE TV (court 1, 02.00pm local time) matches :

1) Joachim Fischer Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen (DEN) v Kenichi Hayakawa/Misaki Matsutomo (JPN)
    2) Yao Xue (CHN) v Ratchanok Intanon (THA)
    3) H.S. Prannoy (IND) v Viktor Axelsen (DEN)
    4) Saina Nehwal (IND) v Hana Ramadhini (INA)
    5) Hirokatsu Hashimoto/Noriyasu Hirata (JPN) v Chai Biao/Hong Wei (CHN)

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

LD against Tommy would have made a muchbetter choice for tv court! Two WS is too much, and the lack of WD is unfair.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay China once again proved that they are really the powerhouse in badminton when 11 out of their 13 players advanced to the quarterfinals today. Congratulations. I am sure all of them will win today and proceed to play in the semi finals.

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student

Even I stated that earlier!!
    But we can't blame them (broadcasters) as it's nearly impossible and unfair to put 3 MS on TV court..
    Home fav KS's match is well expected and after yesterday's grueling victory for HSP books him a TV court quota as well(no surprise)..
    I think they did well to decide putting no WD on TV court :p
    Home mega star SN's match on TV was 200% sure and as I stated Earlier Ind like RI very much and she is sponsored by yonex too (this can be the reason).. But I am desperate to see NO def CM ;)

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Could you please stop posting same paragraph that starts with "Okay China once again..." over and over. It is like a groundhog day. Are you going to do this in MAS Super Series also? We hear you already!

#5 indrg, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Lolz!!!! :D
    To be more precise every post starts with "okay" :p
    The next tourney is OUE Sin be worried about it before going to Mas PSS ;) :p

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    With your summary of so many exciting matches the only way is to go to the stadium to watch.
    The tv broadcast only limits to 5 matches. How to watch every matches?

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

As usual tonight I will be staying up to watch all the exciting matches. Really can't wait to see the match of luo Ying / luo Yu vs bao yixin / tang jinghua. Then the exciting match of ou dongni / Yu xiaohan. Ha... Ha... I also cannot wait to see the great china player Lin Dan in action today. With so ment of the Chinese players in quarterfinals I am sure all of them will reach the semi finals. Lin Dan has a good prospect here to win the men singles title. Then bao yixin / tang jinghua is also right on target to win the women doubles title. It wouldn't be a surprise for china to win 5 gold medals here. Chai biao / Hong Wei is also playing very well.

9. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

RI vs Yao Xue can prove to be an exciting match given that RI is physically fit. I hope she is okay, as she injured herself in All England.

10. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    ^^^^you are so funny.

11. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    ^^^^you are so funny. blabl

12. Ashaan

Ashaan Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I was going through the posts on this thread, and I started reading a post that begins with
    "Okay China once again proved (ohh.. Didn't I read it already.. ? Oh.. here he is again.)" And I skipped that post..

And the next post I found was...

It was exactly my thoughts.. :) I didn't want to quote what he has posted yesterday, and wanted to move on.. but you posted it all together.. and it was a good laugh.

13. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

oh the first match already began. Every year always confused where i live with new delhi timezone

14. Ashaan

Ashaan Regular Member

Software Engineer
  15. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    This is annoying, I can't seem to access tournamentsoftware site. site must be flooded with traffic.

16. Ashaan

Ashaan Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Same here... TS seems not responding..

17. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    Wow China is currently doing good here in this tournament even without there top players in WS, WD, XD and Chen Long. :cool:

18. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

It was easy win for Edi/Glo and it is their first SS SF achievement.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He's also interesting, fair and balanced, giving credit where due, praise where deserved except that he sometimes tends to overdo it and too early.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Livescore not working?