Yonex Sunrise India Open 2016 SF

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / India Open 2016' started by nilesh123, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

What a dramatic Semi Final day xD

Xue Song injury will probably take him out of the circuit for at least a 8-12 months. Seems like a fitness problem. That's a really sad turn of events for him after showing some great performances lately.

Saina Newhal really tried her best but lost focus at critical points in G1 and G3. LXR on the contrary plays best when she is under pressure and she still won it in the end as expected.

A few changes into the WS ranking after this India Open:
    • Saina Newhal will drop from Rank n°6 to Rank n°8 following this loss.
    • Akane Yamaguchi will drop from Rank n° 10 to Rank n° 11
    • SJH will move up to Rank n°7 and Wang Yihan to Rank n°6.
    • Sindhu will finally move into the top 10 to Rank n°10.
    • If Ratchanok wins tomorrow, she will move past Wang Shixian to Rank n°4
    In MS:
    • Kento Momota will go up from Rank n°4 to new career high Rank n° 2 regardless of whether he wins or lose
    • Lin Dan will drop 1 place to Rank n° 3
    • Lee Chong Wei will drop 1 place to Rank ° 4
    • Srikanth will drop from Rank n° 10 to Rank n° 14
    • Wang Z will move into Top 10 to Rank n° 10
    • Son Wan Ho will go up from Rank n°13 to Rank n° 11
    • Wei Nan will go up 1 place to Rank n° 13

#341 Maurice MJC, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    nilesh123, kelana, kwun and 1 other person like this.
  2. sen

sen Regular Member

I have seen much worse mind games by other players before. Even old players like Robert Mateusiak.

Even if it is not compulsory, it reflects poorly to the audiences.

It happened in other sports. Sometimes, some sportman/woman was so upset, they do not want to talk in the "compulsory" press conferences but it just reflect poorly.

During social, friendly game I played, I have some people who sometimes feel upset about their opponent and still do it after it finished. Yes, it is human nature for some people but if they calmed down later on, they might regret their behaviour.

kwun likes this.
  3. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    True.. Where is akane.. And.. Why is LCW not playing in spore SS?

Race to Rio is still on for some players I suppose?

Talking about sportmanship, showboating, or even mind games. Why the hell should we mind? It is the same argument that was spun out in football about barça and their players.

It is their ability, their tactics, they use it to pressure. As long as it is not breaking any rules, why do we have to care. Refusing to change the shuttlecock, is the right of the players, playing crazy showboating shots also. If it is really inappropriate, there is a referee anyways. We complain anyway if the players just play boring shots, no? Well. Just my two cents.

craigandy likes this.
  4. emrebelezoglu

emrebelezoglu Regular Member

Artist
    Just watched the whole match Goh/Tan vs Kevin/Gideon, in game 1 everything was clear that Kevin/Gideon always leading, and Goh/Tan did 4 flick services to Kevin/Gideon....

In 2nd game, Kevin/Gideon always leading too. Nothing happened until 17-17, and I think Goh started first to provoke the opponents, while Kevin ask the umpire to changing shuttle, Goh crossing his racket to opponent's court to ask the shuttle from Kevin.

And this is made Kevin do the same in the decider points. And Kevin should not do the same...

5. ytam1

ytam1 Regular Member

Student
    I agree. Everything during the game is part of the tactics.

Players change shuttles not always because the shuttle goes bad. Sometimes it's because they want a break, to disrupt the opponent's rhythm, or prevent their opponent to get a "feeling" on the shuttle - new and old shuttles have different speeds.

This is why if the players do not agree, the umpire has the final say.

mm_muljana likes this.
  6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

GVS/TWK got everything they deserved.

GVS has always been an arrogant nobody

tbgoh288 likes this.
  7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Gillian Clark needs a whole new vocabulary.
    Most of the time, I can predict with near certainty what she is going to say.
    :D

And, Gill, if you are reading this, that word you very often use should be "pressured", not "pressurized".

kwun likes this.
  8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and does anyone remember this?

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, I watched it. Kevin, although he was amazing in the match, but he was being an ass with his shouting and raising his fist at the MAS when they make a mistake, and he was showboating by purposely missing shots that he knew were out, best example being the match winning shot.

He didn't have to act like that, I've never seen any pro act like that, but it was for all the world to see. No wonder Tan refused to shake hands with him.

blabl and XoXoXo like this.
  10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    why don't BadmintonCentral start our own youtube commentary channel!! I am sure there is a very good coaches who are willing to do the commentary.

We can have have viewers phone-in (via whatsapp) too! It will be fun!!

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Maybe Ko Sung Hyun is sick of playing both MD and XD and tried to stop his XD pairing by hitting KHN on the head with his racquet:p:D:cool:

#351 Sundis, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    blabl likes this.
  12. zatoino

zatoino Regular Member

Ko Sung Hyun & Tan Wee Kiong having a bad day during SF, one has lost a partner and one has lost temper...

13. volcom

volcom Regular Member

So satisfying watching after 17-17 2nd set lolol.

The Tan and Goh got completely mentally destroyed... refusing to change the shuttle for 60 seconds and Kevin changes it after umpire approves the shuttle to be used to carry on hahahaha.

Classic stuff

indrg, necrohiero and kwun like this.
  14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The funny thing was GVS did the same thing. He purposely swung his racket thinking it was out but it was actually in. :)

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, but Kevin was the one who started doing that first, then Goh copied a few times in retaliation (which he shouldn't have, but Goh being himself is like that... remember MAS open 2014 MD final against Chai Biao /Hong Wei? ) , but unfortunately Kevin took it to a whole new level of showboating.

Good or bad... up to the individual viewer to decide. Some may think it adds more spice to the boring game, others may think it crosses an unspoken line.

XoXoXo, indrg and kwun like this.
  16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it comes with age. remember Lin Dan and Taufik when they are younger. and that Olympic commentator in 2008 who cannot stop using the phrase, "bad boy of badminton" to describe Taufik.

once they grow older and wiser, the foolishness of youth will go away. Look at Lin Dan now, he looks, speak and act much more maturely.

visor likes this.
  17. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Yes agree with you.

I used to like Kevin, he has a lot potential in such a young age.

But he is too arrogant, and dissapointed me with his childishness and provocative acted.

And he dit it again against England pair.

blabl and visor like this.
  18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Folks, for things that Kevin has done with the fist & such, Can it be classified as a mind game ?

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, but it crosses s line.

When was the last time a pro player ever behave like that during an international tournament? Maybe only during the 2014 MAS open MD final of Tan/Goh vs Chai/Hong.

Oh, and I almost forgot about Bo/Mo. Sure they give jeering looks and smirks at their opponents when they make a mistake, but they don't showboat like Kevin.

And yes, to those who also bring up Marin's behavior, she has been warned and yellow and red carded many times. So she surely has crossed a line, even though she may be within the boundaries of the laws, but her on court etiquette is probably not something BWF wants to encourage other players to emulate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I remember watching Kevin at his very young age maybe around Junior high school. He is a very calm player & now he develops into a player which TWK refuse to give courtesy handshake with, after a match initially. It is like two side of hand. In my honest opinion, his behavior could be a sign of weakness, should the opponent was not provoked, it will turns against him & his teammate in the match. Now, it has effected his fan base.

Enough about Kevin, how is Galaxy S7 :D?

visor likes this.