Yonex NR Z speed success stories

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Xuser, Dec 8, 2013.

1. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    depends on tension and how you mis hit the shuttle

2. jctai

jctai Regular Member

This definitely goes without saying.
    Do tell your experience of broken racket due to mishit. I never had it once fortunately.

dvanio likes this.
  3. feroy

feroy Regular Member

Student
    Newbie here,

I have been playing quite serious for a year now.
    Not so many rackets I own. But I can say that up to now NR ZSPD is the most suitable racket for me.
    Took me several sessions to adapt with this racket.
    There is a punch in the smash. The smash is also steeper than my other rackets.
    I dont lose much in the defence. In fact, the racket is really fast where I can block a strong smash.
    I believe my play has increased a bit because of this racket especially when I defend my self from multiple smashes.

I own MX 90 and NR 600FX. NR ZSPD has the power as MX90. It is less stiffer in my opinion than MX 90, but much stiffer than NR 600FX.
    It performs as fast as NR 600FX for drives, and defences.
    For the strings, NR ZSPD uses BG66F at 27, MX90 uses BG66F at 27, whereas NR 600FX uses Zymax 62F at 24.

Hope it helps a bit for those who are wondering.

4. Darby

Darby Regular Member

Just bought NR iSpeed 3u, well cant tell much different from NRZP. i guess it's just lighter version of zspeed similar to voltric i-force. Recommended max tension also been reduced to 24lbs for 3u racket compare to zpeed 3u which is 27lbs.

5. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

Carolina Marin got back to back WC gold, 6 titles this year and clinched number one WS spot with this racket.

That's her success story with NRZS

6. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    If only the racket came with Sonic Metal Plus that could filter out her noise too...

7. mikescully

hahaha well apart from her screaming I really enjoyed the way she played, very attacking and enjoyable to watch

8. hannster

hannster Regular Member

Principal Architect
    Hahaha yeah. If she could improve her court manners, she'd be a REAL champ! :D

Back to the racket... it's still a go-to racket for me, after the VTZF2 and perhaps now the beautiful VT80ET!

9. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I don't really know why people found this a hard racket to use. It didn't feel difficult to use, maybe a little harder because of the frame size, but nothing out of the ordinary. People say you have to be on your best to use this racket etc etc etc but... eh, not really.

It had a gross feeling though. Maybe that's where people think they aren't doing well?

I gave mine away because my main racket is similar to the Z-Speed, but doesn't have the feeling issue.

10. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Similar to your N50iii?

11. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Yup. The flex and BP feel quite similar. The N50 has a bit of a faster frame though, normal head shape, and none of the feeling issue from 'bendy technologies'. I'm hoping the N99 will basically be a better ZF2 at this point. The extra stiffness would be nice.

But anyway I used the Z Speed as my backup racket. I dunno why people insist it's so hard to use, it just doesn't feel that nice.

12. mikescully

it's probably because hitting off the sweet spot, as it has really small frame

13. arsenov

arsenov Regular Member

Hmmm for me, nrzs has so much to offer. Compact frame means faster swing, not the small sweetspot. Comon dude, if you play badminton that often, sweetspot always at that spot. I have other kind frame like arc11th, nr900, mxjjs, and nrzs 'small frame' feels better for deep/ steep smash. I agree with other post that said you must lower your string tension, play it for full game, not just try it for couple shot.

14. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

****. This racket is a demon. Maybe this is the best racket that i have ever had and yonex has ever made. Takes time to handle this racket, got a really good sweetspot although the frame is a lil bit smaller. When you smash and hit the sweetspot, the result is super amazing. I dont know what technology that yonex has put on this racket because its totally different from other racket and it really performs admirably! Victor Jetspeed 12, n99, bs 12 are nothing compared to this beast! I have never liked yonex product except this one. 1000 thumbs up for yonex

15. adrian siswanto

I strung mine at 30 lbs with bg80 power and it is .... superb!!!

16. Ember

Ember Regular Member

I've been playing my doubles games with the racket and it is really good. The versatility between power and defensive is something I really like about it. It is not completely headlight, has a very solid head but not falling into ZF2 territory.

People have been commenting about the smaller head and sweet spot. For me personally it does not affect me as much, I feel that the smaller head only very marginal.

The only gripe I have about the racket is that every single freaking time it clashes with another racket, the paint chips off. The paintwork, though beautiful, is pathetically weak and prone to chipping. I hope Yonex have noted this. Very unfortunate.

My Gosen Ryoga Shiden which is even more amazing as a racket, has paintwork with the same durability as the paint job of a car. Try it to believe it. That's on the other end of the spectrum.

17. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Nrzspd has been on my list for some time now, but d feel is something tat im worried about. But how dies it compare to duora 10 in terms of power n control?

18. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Im planning to purchase d new yellow one btw

19. adrian siswanto

When you hit with z speed, you wont feel that your smash is harder, but you will see the shuttlecock goes very fast. In terms of power, for me duora is nothing compared to z speed. Control might be the same i think. But Duora is easier to handle. Mine is 3u and i need 2 weeks to handle this racket (i play thrice a week, 3 hours session/play). I recommend you to try this demon! Goodluck

20. adrian siswanto

Yours is the orange or lime one (2nd colour) ?