Yonex Nanoflare 800 Pro (NF800PRO) - Dec 2023

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jun 13, 2023.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    No, but how should this effect the stiffness here by much? Can you explain?

I think together with the swing weights we get a better and independent impression of how the racket plays instead of the full Yonex clothed reviewers. The chinese guy holds an unstrung racket in the camera and wants to tell how the racket plays. :rolleyes: Come on, he just refer to the catalogue with the charts and matrix. BTW he also just bends the shafts of the rackets without measuring the force he uses and how much the racket bends. How could this be more accurate? The measuring unit from VN Badminton does it.

I personally think that humans are easier to fool than they want to believe and marketing experts use it. A feel might a good thing for yourself but very faulty to explain something to others because everybody has it's own reality.

I think the other videos also don't take the priming-effect into account?;)

#61 ucantseeme, Oct 24, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
    Budi, raven1121, what07 and 1 other person like this.
  2. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

According to testing, NF800pro is not a headlight racquet. Its got some weight to it. 800pro 4u weight is similar to the 8003u weight. Also slower than 1000z

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I agree for the most part. Especially with swing weight, the first thing I do before considering a racquet is see if Racquet Force did a swing weight test so I can compare.

It's just the stiffness test specifically I'm wondering about. But I guess if you consider the swing weight and stiffness test in combination, you can get better results.

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I also agree with @pootisfoib that the placement of the weight in the middle of the shaft is not optimal if the shaft is tapered. But who knows that the are? To place weight at the head and measuring the angle would be a better solution IMO. But have rackets very different flex points which are far of the middle so that this can matter much? The smash slow-mos I have seen where not good enough, but that the flexpoint is close to the T or the cone seems to be weird? I have not seen it before.

IMO a strain gauges across the whole shaft would be the most accurate solution.

Neurologik, pootisfoib and decoy like this.
  5. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I tried to compare their measurements of the shaft stiffness with the feel I got on court and it indeed doesn't match

6. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Can anyone who's been able to demo one share their experiences with 3u vs 4u or compare to the original 800 or 1000z pls?

makemymind likes this.
  7. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I play with a 4u 1000z (26lbs) and previously owned a 3u 800, briefly tested a 4u 800pro (29lbs) last week.
    Side by side, 800pro has a larger frame than 1000z and I guess that makes it larger than 800 too?
    I couldn't tell if the 800pro shaft is flexier than or same as 1000z's, but they're very close.
    I couldn't timed my smashes very well during my test, but it's seemed friendlier than a 26lbs 1000z.
    The lifts and pushes tho, it's crazy accurate, and with the little strength I have the shuttle travelled further and faster than my 1000z, might be the string tension difference but it was a great impression :p.
    In short, I'd say 800pro is a friendlier version of 1000z, it almost inherited nothing from the original 800 because its frame profile and size is totally different. If you like your NF800, I don't imagine you'd like the 800pro because the hitting feel moved closer to 700/1000 than staying on the more repulsive/hard feel of the original.
    With all that said, a demo racket is not a final production racket, things could change though not by much.
    I don't think I'd get the 800pro when it comes out just because I'm still enjoying my time with LN 900 Sun.

8. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Thanks for your impressions. Did the 4u 800 pro feel heavier than your 4u 1000z?

9. jctai

jctai Regular Member

Not that I can tell. Only the 1000z head travel faster because of the compact frame and/or slight stiffer shaft.

10. Howard9111

Howard9111 New Member

Did you try the 3U 1000z? it's more solid and of course more powerful due to the slight head heaviness. IMO 4U 1000Z is too light,not solid while hitting and most of the broken 1000zs are the 4U variant.

heroclass likes this.
  11. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I like 4u 1000z and play well with it, thank you for your insight.

12. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

First English review?

Not that helpful, but sharing anyway.

#72 pootisfoib, Nov 3, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
  13. Mclaren Ludan

Mclaren Ludan Regular Member

Could you give a review on the Sun? and what weight,string are you using?

14. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

IMHO, Bladex 900 Sun wouldn’t be in the same category as NF800P honestly, 900sun is pretty head heavy despite being in the speed racket category, I’d say it’s much closer to 88dpro, VT70e, NRZSP, or even Ryuga1 etc, wouldn’t advice getting this if you like 900 sun or similar type.

I think from lining, 700, 800new, 900moon, would be a closer comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jctai

jctai Regular Member

I have 2 4UG6 900Sun, one with BG66 and one with Exbolt63.
    As Cycril mentioned, the Sun is more head heavy than 800P but I don't think it hinders my play speed.
    If you're talking about flat exchanges, 800P (demo sample) has an edge on the speed over 900Sun, while 900Sun gives you more hold that some may like.
    For me, 900Sun is just easier to play, great synergy between the shaft and the frame to help in generating power, good amount of hold so my shot doesn't go limp too early.
    We'll have to wait for 800P production sample to hit the market to tell if it has its place among the plethora of speedy rackets like Victor's JS12-2, Auraspeed series, LN's Bladex series and even Yonex's own NF1000Z.

Cycril likes this.
  16. Mclaren Ludan

Mclaren Ludan Regular Member

Thanks for the comment bro. Im from Malaysia too but currently in Japan. Preciously used 9000c then switch to nf700 due to available options at the time being. Thinking whether i should change to the Sun 900 because i sort of need more power. A bit in a confusion now. Do you have any opinion on what i should do ?

17. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

18. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Nice review. Two questions.

What date is it out in England?

(noob question) How did the person in Orange do the feeding? Throwing the shuttle a bit up with his racquet hand?

yenyesoh likes this.
  19. pughon

pughon Regular Member

There is some side-by-side comparision of the frame and the handle vs other rackets.

20. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

If you're asking about the feeding for the lift/forehand serve-esque shot; the guy in the orange holds a forehand grip but puts more emphasis on the middle, ring and pinky fingers to maintain grip and control of the racket. He then spreads his index and thumb, in a motion opposite to pinching, then uses the index and thumb of his right hand to grab/pinch the final shuttle in the column of shuttles that's resting in his left arm and gently "releases" it into the air. He then has to drop his racket-hand downwards below the "released" shuttle faster than the rate at which the shuttle falls in order to create space to accelerate the racket-head back up against the shuttle to make a clean contact with it for the lift shot.

(I use the term "release" as opposed to "throw" or "toss" since too great a throwing motion of the shuttle will lead to the shuttle carrying too much momentum in the upwards direction such that it takes too long to "correct" itself or stabilise and drop in a downwards facing direction whereby the racket face can then make contact with the cork-end of the shuttle as opposed to the feather end. It's small details like these that differentiate between very good feeders and a normal feeder)

Sent from my XQ-DQ72 using Tapatalk

visor and BadmintonDave like this.