Yonex Muscle Power vs. Armortec/Carbonex vs. Nanospeed

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by yotarou, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yes, it is still available but rare. Saw a 2U Cab 30 at Bras Basah. same price as Ti-10.

Hi yotarou, since you are a power player, you can also consider the titanium mesh series, especilly the Ti-10 which is a hard hitter but a bit stiff. (if it's available in US). There is a new purple version of Ti-10 just released a few months back.

2. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    Sorry SH, did not mean to be a flake.

I did not know you order for me before I finalize my order with you.
    I will be more careful when I ask you questions through PM next time.

3. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Badmintan,
    Thanks for the tip. Am aware of the 2U's are still available (but are really rare). They played quite differently from the 3U. Since I'm getting old, I wanted something lighter.

otterfun & SH,
    I was quite puzzled how otterfun know you had a Cab30 to sell. Really glad this all worked out :). I got 2 new 3u Cab30MS coming my way.

#23 weeyeh, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Dear Otterfun,
    Don't worry, I kept that one for you since you like Cab30ms and in case you want to get another one (since you still have not decided). No problem at all. It will take longer for me to order one and send to you in the future.
    Dear WeeYeh,
    I am very happy that I can be your assistance and help you out. This is just a charity business for me.

5. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    SH PM me that he sells Yonex, that's why I know.

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I don't sell Yonex, I just have some extra one once a while... I just want to clarfy that...

7. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    Oops, sorry, I put my foot in my mouth again.
    Please forgive me.

8. yotarou

yotarou Regular Member

Wow, thanks everyone for replying! I didn't check back soon enough so I guess I need to catch up with the posts.

I guess it's narrowed down (sort of? I think my list got longer, lol) to Cab30, NS6000, AT700, and MP45. The store I'm buying from doesn't have MP66 or MP88, and I'm reluctant to get stuff shipped from outside of US.

I think I'll try Cab30, just because that one seems popular, and plus I would rather save $100 and spend it on a nice pair of shoes. But, I'm still a bit confused about the differences between all of the sub-brands.

I mean, I know that NS is super light, as I've tried playing with my friend's before. Cabs and ATs I haven't tried before and I don't know anyone who has them, so I... I guess I'm a hesitant buyer, because I just want to make sure the racquet suits me well.

Like I've said earlier, I also want to work on dropping and net shots, though primarily I consider myself a power player. Is there really so much of a difference between the sub-brands that it would dramatically affect any of the shot types? I guess what I'm really asking is, what specific elements of whichever racquet would be beneficial? I don't want to shell out $200 for something I don't really know that much about.

Please help! And once again, thanks so much for taking the time to help me.

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

AT series is head heavy and someare quite stiff, perfect for offensive play, althought the defense is sometimes sacrificed.

10. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Regular Member

I'll skip the NS6000 and MP45 as both aren't the first things you think about when you talk about offense. I'll add in the AT500 (about 10% less power than AT700 but better maneuverability, less stiff, easy to get used to and a bit cheaper) to the pool. If you could handle the stiffness, both the MP99 and new Ti-10 (imported) would come into play too.

In case you were wondering, yes, we do like confusing people here when it comes to rackets. :D

PS. If you wait a couple of more months, the new lineup of ArcSabers would also come under consideration. :p

11. yotarou

yotarou Regular Member

Update: I just ordered the AT500. Thanks for everyone's help. I'm so easily wavered by other info, funny how easily my mind can change: first MP29, then Cab30, now AT500. Well, hopefully it will be good for me... if not.... *shakes fist at everyone* Just kidding, I'll probably love it.

12. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    AT500 is a nice racket, you'll like it.

13. kingkiller48

kingkiller48 Regular Member

Student
    MP99's great, but the longevity of the racket isn't as good as Armortec Series, I think. I've got AT500 which I had for 5 years (YES, the BLUE one!), and no deformity at all... I had MP99 for 2 years, and it's quite warped...

I tend to defend more, and when I smash I go either really GOOD or really bad... xD But still, I prefer MP99... Unfortunately, most of the MP99 are quite old (like made last year or something...) No one makes them anymore, I think.