Yonex DUORA-10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, Jul 1, 2015.

1. digiangel

digiangel New Member

Red = Heat = Forehand
    White = Cool = Backhand

Stop giving them ideas!! :p Take my money already!:rolleyes:

2. Chunithm

Chunithm Regular Member

^wrong

Red side up = Right Hand
    White side up = Left Hand

you'll notice that if your right handed and you have a backhand grip with white side up, your still using the box frame.

If you run your fingers along the frame you can feel the difference in the frame. one is more solid and the other side is sort of sharp.

In the end while you can feel a difference there isnt much and maybe like me and many others, you'll end up preferring white side up meaning fast frame for forehand/smash, solid frame for backhand clears.

3. taufiqmahyudin

taufiqmahyudin New Member

[​IMG]

Doura 10 lcw superb feeling to smash and defense.

samsudds likes this.
  4. taufiqmahyudin

taufiqmahyudin New Member

*Typo duora 10 lcw

samsudds likes this.
  5. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    Noted Blitz

6. MidCourtMediocrity

MidCourtMediocrity Regular Member

That red and blue edition looks far nicer than the green and orange version

7. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Ive been using the duora for almost 3 weeks now. Hence, let me give my opinion about this racket

Racket: Duora 10 LCW
    String: Nanogy 98 @ 30lbs
    My level: Former KL state player, so intermediate
    Other rackets: MX80, ZF2, N80, Arc 10 (all 3u)

Smash: 9/10

Somehow I would say that the duora is the most effective smasher. It gives me confidence as i am able to deliver power, angles and placement with ease. Even balance rackets provide me with the most power somehow. The ZF2 gives me monstrous power but somehow isnt as effective as it lacks control and angles, perhaps dues to my lack of skill.

Drives: 9overa/10

Here, the stiffness and solidity of the mx80 makes driving a pure pleasure, but the duora is not far behind. Its more flexible nature makes it less tiring in the arms and more whippy to deliver the power but its feeling falls short of the mx80. The zf2 is tiring to engage in long fast exchanges.

Defence:9/10

Here i feel the duora is on par with n80 in terms of speed, but i will rate the duora higher as it allows me to engage in more creative shots and angles when defending.

Drops and control:10/10

Here is where i find the duora is best. Hand down, it beats all the other rackets.
    Ive hitted drops and hairpin netshots better than ever. Guidung the sguttle to the tramlines is a breeze, and trickshots are fantastic to pull off with. For players who would thunder smashes down the line, youve gotta try this!

Overall: 9.2

Ive been pleased with my purchase. Initially, i had doubts about this racket as this was a birthday gift, but after i picked up the duora, all the others are left in my bag. It replaced the mx80 as my go to and it is easily the best racket ive owned, along with my broken mxjjs's.

buibui2, visor, feroy and 2 others like this.
  8. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

KL state player! That's almost equivalent to a NZ national player!

It's a very nice review you did there. Thanks for the great effort!

As you mentioned that you used arc10 before, can you give us a brief comparison between both? Since I'm using an arc11 now, I might somehow find the comparison useful for myself. Thanks in advance!

9. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Agree with Cycril, you're too humble mate. There's no way a KL state player is of an intermediate level. Nice review, It has been so long since I've picked up a new racket, might just get this if Im I looking for another yonex racket.

10. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    Thanks guys for the compliments. Note that Ive stated former state player. Ive dropped the sport ever since i left to continue my studies. Hence, its been quite a while since i left klba(im not a very prominent member either). I juz picked up badminton again after a long while.

To the question, i have the liberty to use a friends (my regular sparring partner) arc 11. To me my arc 10 seems alot stiffer than his arc 11. Maybe cause i dont use it as much nowadays? Anyways, the duora to me is an improvement in almost all aspects of the arc 11. It packs a bigger punch (box side) or equal (aero side) with the arc 11. Even my partner thinks so too. Somehow, it is much quicker on both sides. It is a little livelier (but duller than the mx80 of course) than the arc 11. Control is way better too somehow. To me it is stiffer (quite abit) than the arc 11. Do note that the duora boots a very sharp sounding and angled smash if timed correctly and when so, is very potent and deadly. Hope this helps☺

11. Tien

Tien Regular Member

Hey all,

I have just purchased Duora10(Original color). Picking it up later and trying it out this Wednesday. Super excited. My first racket after 12 years. Hopefully it is as good as what @Lyonn Loo has said.

kwun likes this.
  12. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

i think theres some different between normal duora 10 and duora10 lcw..apparently lcw version is stiffer?

13. ami_amin

ami_amin Regular Member

Did noticed the stiffness and might say it's a tad heavier than the DUO10. Does anyone else?

14. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    I still find the Duora 10 looks much better than the Duora 10 LCW.

15. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

I personally find the lcw version much better looking..with Matt finishing

16. Tien

Tien Regular Member

Got it over lunch. Looks good. BG66Ultimax at 27lbs.

I personally prefer the colors on the the original version but that's just a personal preference.

17. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

Let me know how it goes tien, I have a 80 etune, zf2 and wonder if I should get this...

18. Tien

Tien Regular Member

I was choosing between this and zf2 but zf2 has an extra stiff shaft so was worried it will kill me. Hahaha! how is 80 etune?

19. zackyh

zackyh Regular Member

Maybe because I'm using a thicker grip so I feel like as if it's much lighter compared to my 3u zf2. I'm a beginner that started half a year ago so I can't really accurately review rackets but to me the etune is better than zforce for defence although zf is stronger in smashes.

20. esppy

esppy Regular Member

If I may.
    Duora10 is definitely less head heavy than those 2 monsters with the Tri Voltage System, but the head has a meaty headweight swing to it. If you've tried the Arc11 and felt it abit too headlight, then the Duora10 is more up your street.

I use 3u for the even balanced frames and 4u for Voltrics, but even at 4u the ZF2 is just one unwieldy bastard of a thing that I can't fully utilis; no bang on smash, hard to clear, etc. It's my fault, since some rave over it.. 80etn I tried going for more of a even balanced feel as much as I can, only attaching the bottom parts most of my term with it.

I would say the stiffness of 80etn is quite similar-ish to Duo10. But definitely less head heavy. And just for the record, I prefer the original color scheme to the LCW's. But it's all personal.

Ch1k0 likes this.