Yonex Armortec 800 Offense review and broken :(

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by 450450, Apr 30, 2006.

1. 450450

450450 Regular Member

To follow up this Armortec 800. I sent it off to the official distributor and they inspected it and came back saying clashes are not covered under warranty.

How ever the seller I bought it from wasn't an authorised reseller. The reseller promised a replacement when I sent some pictures to them if I agreed to pay half price. At this time the seller was hard to contact so I went direct to the official distributor. The distributor honored the replacement from the original reseller so everyones happy :)

2. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    Wow, well it's quite hard to look at considering I have one and been using it for about two and a half years. However, I was using it for singles most of the time, so I kept it out of clashes (Although I did get some pretty horrible clashes and it withstood them). By the way, my racket is 4U, so it's even more suprising that the racket that broke was a 3U. But it's nice to see something good (well at least not bad) came out of it.

3. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

I was wondering, is the middle section of the top area of the AT 800 made of Ti or is it all graphite? I'm curious as to whether the Ti will make it any more durable than an area that's all graphite. Also is the AT frame any more durable than the MP frame...if anyone knows. My gut feel is that the AT frame is quite a bit more durable than the MP.

My 3U AT500 took quite a beating at very close to the 12 o'clock position but seems to be fine except for paint chip.

4. powerboy

powerboy Regular Member

Student
    its a fake for sure

5. kevyeoh

kevyeoh Regular Member

how can you tell?
    care to share?

it's not a cheap racquet so i want to make sure i'm getting the real deal before purchasing...

thanks...

6. Steven_Master18

Steven_Master18 Regular Member

student
    If u want a real one.. Don t buy it from Ebay.. U re almost guaranteed that its a fake..i d rather pay more for a 100% genuine than a maybe fake maybe true one..get my point?