Yonex Armortec 800 discontinued due to design defect?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by daMaster, Jan 22, 2007.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    In theory, the racket is not covered under warranty, as it's broken after a clash. However, since this racket is fairly new, you can still try your luck. ;)

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Time to check your string machine setup and your mounting method, based on tanpeek's previous post.

3. daMaster

daMaster Regular Member

Even after your experiences and my own (with 3 different AT800 OFF rackets), people on this thread still doubt it and claim that it's the stringer's fault. I had my AT800 rackets strung by the same stringer who has been stringing all my other rackets for years and never had this issue. It's only the AT800 OFF rackets that he has strung that have all cracked at the noon position during play. Coincidence? I don't think so!

4. MING PARIS

MING PARIS Regular Member

restaurant owner
    I don't understund you guys,I string already 17kg_18kg but doesn't last long time
    ,only one and half month with bg80 amortec 800 off sp yonex,no problem but too tight not the arm to handle it
    sometime I did some clash in double play!800 off still ok!MING

5. passtome

passtome Regular Member

mine AR800DE just broken within 3 month,really not cheaper.before i buy,the saleman already explain to me,if u buy yonex,will regret.if compare to other,yonex is more lousy and always give a lot the problem,that y the saleman also dont want to sale yonex anymore.What is know is,armotec,MP,nono,all this model,also got problem.i hear one from international player,he say,the yonex head is made in china,after that send back to japan,QC in japan.If u think u can rich,then u can continue be yonex supporter.even now i try another brand,so far never complain,friendly to share.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's not coincidence, however, some rackets do require more experienced workmanship. Never to metion, a lot of the string machines in the market are originally designed for tennis racket, which means, more or less, some setup might be extra "sensitive" to certain models (i.e. head shape, string pattern, gromments location, etc).

It's like fixing a car. Some cars you can simply get any mechnics from the shop around street corner. Some ones you are required to go to certified shops due to special tool requirements or extra complication in electrical/mechnical design.

It's down to your own belief. There are many more AT800 in this forum to be strung without any problem. If like you claimed the failure rate to be 3 out of 3, then, I wonder how this racket can even survive in the market. :rolleyes:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Many "stories" from the store owners should have a big ??? attached. Why? Business concerns. Many retailers refuse to carry Yonex, because the profit vs. investment (and extra requirements) margin is smaller than some other non-yonex brands.

Of course, blelieve which side, it's down to you. ;)

8. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    Some retailers are not allowed to carry brands for other reasons than their own preference.

Hint: this is the collection agency calling XYZ Sports.

Also. Clashes between rackets are not under warranty. That's part of the game and the risks. Don't want that risk play singles only.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that is only a minor point.
    To qualify as an authorized dealer, yonex stipulate certain minimum standards, which some store/owners can't meet.

10. Chire

Chire Regular Member

Hm my 3U AT800 Offensives seem fine too, no problem at all, they're just not that stiff anymore. I don't think there's a particular problem with AT800 rackets, just the stringers fault as many others pointed out too.

11. Tulsamac

Tulsamac Regular Member

CAD Technician
    Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd post the situation with my partner's AT800D which she broke after having it for only 6 weeks (see post earlier in this thread).

After contacting Yonex UK, and them saying they would sort it through the dealer we purchased it from (Maurice Robinson Sports, Birmingham, UK) we heard back from them on Friday, Basically they are offering her (my partner) Nanospeed 8000 as a replacement, or we can wait until next week when the new AT900's are released at the Yonex All England Championships here in my home city (and we have tickets, woohoo ;) ), try one of those (and if she likes it) pay a small amount to upgrade to one of those, or again, pay a small amount and go for the Nanospeed 9000 :)

So, all in all, a pretty great outcome :) , both Yonex and Maurice Robinson have both been very helpful, Maurice Robinson have said that she can borrow any of the models she is interested in (which is what she did when she made her initial descision to go for the AT800D) to make sure she goes for the one that suits her style most.

There was no admission to the AT800's having any 'design' fault, but they are obviously being replaced next week when the AT900 are officially released.

Just like to say thanks for your help too, messages posted on this forum have been great, I'm currently thinking of buying a Kason TSF300A because of comments on another thread, £70.00 incl delivery seems pretty reasonable.

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Tulsamac,

Seems like a good offer. If your partner does like the AT800D, it's probably best for her to swtich over to the AT900T.

Since I notice that the UK appear to be only carrying the 4U of the AT900, you might want to ask them (store/Yonex UK) if they can get a 3U since it's a popular version. Well, since you are going to the England Open, you might be able to ask the Yonex reps or the store there to see if they can help you on that.

Matt