Yonex: 100% guarantee replacement on broken rackets?

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by sothea, Nov 12, 2006.

1. sothea

sothea New Member

I have Isometric 63 MF Light which I love to death. I bought it from OCBC in Orange, CA. Basically, I hit the plastic birdie against the frame and it just cracked. I about cried when it happened :crying: .

My friends keep telling me that Yonex has a lifetime warranty on broken rackets and will replace it at no cost (albeit you pay for shipping charges, etc.) to the player. And if the broken racket is no longer in production (obviously, my racket is no longer in production I'm sure) a comparable racket will be replaced.

Is there any truth to this? Will Yonex give me a comparable racket as a replacement? If so, where do I send it to? If not, I'm guessing I'm just out of luck? Please help, thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    wat was the string tension or was it prestrung when u bot it?

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    were those the strings it came with? if so, then the tension should be quite low.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    lifetime warranty for Yonex rackets? that's not going to happen.

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    The warrenty is supposedly 6 month or something. Contact Yonex USA and show them the pictures of your racket. Let them make the call about the racket.

6. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Well... it refers to the lifetime of your rackets and not your lifetime. The lifetime of rackets end when it stopped production.

Thanks.

7. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    In HK, you'll never get the replacement. The shops will put all sorts of excuses, I have heard them all. The classic one that I have encounter was, "oh, mister, you know this model of racket, they all have a manufacturing fault, you just can't string it over 20lb.........." For God's sake! The spec of the racket was 22lb! Anyway, you just can't argue with these people if they don't want to deal with you even if you have the warranty.

Oh yes, by the way, you still have the YY stenciles on the strings, should be original one that comes with the racket? The tension should be something like 18lb then, your racket shouldn't crack at all, unless you crash it with somebody else's.

#7 colekwok, Nov 16, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  8. DoublesPlayer

DoublesPlayer Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex USA

Yonex USA will replace the defective rackets, I think the warranty is up to a year. Yonex USA will decide wether it's a defect or it's cause by mis-hit, etc. They are pretty reasonable. I got one racket replaced by them, I didn't pay a penny, not even shipping. And, the other one they rejected it because I broke it while playing, my partner hit my racket by accident. So, it's worth for me to buy it at higher price from Yonex USA.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yeah, it's for 1 yr of "manufacture defect" on US/CD code only. You need to leave the string pieces on, as the string tension/pattern is part of the determine factor for their investigation.

In theory, brokage due to clash, mis-hit, bad string job, over tension are NOT covered, as that's the stringer/player's responsibility. Of course, sometimes, they are generous enough to honor a replacement, if we are lucky. :p