XIA XuanZe lose the ticket to Athens!

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by SmartCivet, Jul 13, 2004.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If both Xia and Chen Hong show that they do not deserve to go to Athens, then no camp should complain.

2. ymq03

ymq03 Regular Member

China is more concern on Olympics 2008 instead of 2004. So Lin and Bao are in even they may not last to 2008. Before any new person comes up better, they are only bet for 2008. Bao needs to get experiences considering his weakness is mental not techneque. Somehow, Li likes Bao.

Chen has the ranking make sure not all 3 Chinese players are in the same half. If you read rules carefully and see the web site how Chinese coach worried the above case, you know why Chen is in not Xia.

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Actually I kinda agree with the Chinese coaches. He wins by speed and constant pressure on the opponent. Also he is mentally tough, so he can be quite a fighter. When it comes to playing style, he reminds me of Lee Tsuen Seng.

He loses to Bao and Chen in terms of technique (maybe because he is shorter, so can't execute the technique as well as them), but I wouldn't say he is a worse player than either of them. No matter how you can argue, it is still a tough decision to choose two out of the three.

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    According to Olympic rules for badminton, all 3 players from the same country are guaranteed to be in different quarters. Obviously, 2 of them has to be in the same half because we can't have 3 halves.

5. liverpool

liverpool Regular Member

Well it is a great mistake by China coach....Bao CL is only good because of his reach....mentally will crumble under pressure.. Kenneth J of Denmark nearly succeded During the TC Finals at Jakarta.

Is there some other reasons for Xia misery? Alcohol, or other indiscipline problem!!! Only Mr. Li YB know best.

Anyone of the top ten can win the gold...need luck in the draw. In addition, format of the tournament will be very detrimental for players who cannot finish off their opponent in two sets. Hoping for a Malaysian to win our first ever gold medal. However, it will be tough as every game is a mercurial struggle for our players irregardless of the opponents.

For the last few months Ronald Susilo of Singapore keep popping up in my mind. Dark horses with the luck of the draw and the big guns killing each other might just gave our less illustriuos neighbor the gold medal! In addition I think a lot of head at PBSI will " bungkus" ie. pack their bags!!

6. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    Look at this news http://www.bbesports.com/news/0407/20a.htm
    Xia beat Bao in the simulated game. The score is 17:15. To my surprise, sang/zheng beat fu/cai with the score 15:7...... :)

7. peace

peace Regular Member

I'm rather surprised to hear that Xia Xuanze lost the ticket to Athens. I think that Chen Hong or Bao Chunlai would lose it, but in fact : Xia lost it.
    As a Chinese badminton fan, I really want that China win the gold. I hope that Li Yongbo have made a right decision for China. Although without Xia, I believe that Chinese squad will give their best to the badminton fans especially Chinese fans. :) Good luck for my favourite LIN DAN, and also Bao Chunlai and Chen Hong. Xia, don't worry, you're still one of the best player in the world today.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well i think we should focus on who to win Gold in badminton. Xia's absense in the olympics ..well what have been decided has already decided. We cant do much about it... lets cheer on Lindan,Chen Hong and Bao.

9. silvia

silvia Regular Member

Well I think Xia's absence in the olympic has much greater effect on us (ppl who support Xuanze) than wat u think,yeah maybe we cant do much so we just wanna express our disappointment and unhappiness here..cant we do that too??....

10. chinadoll

chinadoll Regular Member

i would say Lin Dan will stand a higher chance of attaining gold out of the 3 players :)

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i see that many were disppointed about xia being left out of the olympic roster and puzzled as to why bao was chosen when xia is ranked higher than bao. Eliminating the rumor of xia's injury and trying to probe into liyongbo's mind, my theory is that liyongbo is looking beyond 2004, like the 2008 olympic at beijing. Lin is a shoe in for the 2004 olympic and likely will play 2008 game too. Xia's age likely make him an unlikely candidate, bao age would. So, providing 2004 olympic experience to lin and bao is essential for a solid MS lineup in 2008, aiming for gold and silver in 2008. A new entrant would prolly make up the lin and bao team in 2008.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    FYI, Bao is ranked higher than Xia.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    #73 cooler, Jul 28, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2004
  14. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

So Xia has
    1 Win
    0 loss in Final
    2 loss in SF
    2 loss in QF
    4 loss in 1/16
    3 loss in 1/32
    1 loss in 1/64

Since WC2003 Chen Hong has
    2 Win (Singapore 2003, Malaysia 2003)
    2 loss in Final (Indonesia 2003, Korea 2004)
    1 loss in SF (Malaysia 2004)
    3 loss in QF (Denmark 2003, Swiss 2004, Japan 2004)
    2 loss in 1/16

From March 2004 onwards
    Xia has
    1 Win
    0 loss in Final
    1 loss in SF
    0 loss in QF
    2 loss in 1/16
    1 loss in 1/32

Chen has
    0 Win
    1 loss in Final
    1 loss in SF
    2 loss in QF
    1 loss in 1/16

Chen is more consistent. And I think Li Yong Bo would like the chance to get a SF with 2 Chinese in it. Chen Hong is more likely to get to a SF than Xia.