Xia Xuanze is playing double now

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by 2cents, Oct 7, 2006.

1. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    Welcome back,Xia xuanze!!
    yea yea,couldn't agree more,would love to see XXZ+WCH playing doubles.

2. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    :eek: xxz+wch???:D i love it too....if this happen...then no more kkk/ccm and fu/cai....i'm supporting only them!!:p ....problem is...which country will they representing??Mas or Chi??:confused:

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    They can join the open tournaments, which don't have rules on nationalities. ;)

4. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Gunawan/Bach and Gunawan/Wijaya did that, rite? :confused:

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I thought Tony is already US? :rolleyes: But Tony / Candra is an example, though. ;)

6. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

gunawan does not have USA citizenship yet, i'm pretty sure.

7. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

I have a good laugh when I read this:

[FONT=Arial,][FONT=Arial,][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,][FONT=Arial,]Xia Xuanze was the hero of the day in Guangzhou when he and new partner Xu Chen beat one of the top pairs in the world, Malaysia’s Chan and Koo in a thriller.

It was an incredible conversion for the former men’s singles world champion. Xia Xuanze’s smile and sense of humour has been missing on the pro tour for some months. The 2003 world champion had been left out for the 2004 Olympic Games, and ever since, he was slowly set aside from the National team while his younger team mates were making news with wins all over the planet.

Yet, the player known for his leadership in the team, the “big brother”, hasn’t given up hope on his Olympic dream, at home, in 2008. And if he can’t do it in singles, he might in doubles…

And he was all smiles after his incredible win with one of the top young players in the Chinese men’s double team, Xu Chen. All smiles after beating one of Malaysia’s best pairs of Chan Chong Ming and Koo Kien Keat, whogot a match point at 20/19 in the decider but didn’t take the chance. Xia and Xu got it back and won 22/20 in the decider, clinching a ticket for the quarter finals.

“I really had no idea we could beat them and I was already planning on getting back to Beijing early,” said Xia in a post match press conference which made all the Chinese reporters laugh. The former world champ told the local press that he was now clearly targeting a spot in the Beijing Olympics as a doubles player, since his life was now all about “duos” ever since he got married last May to Jin Bei Lei, another badminton player who plays at provincial level.

Xia even joked about the fact that he wasn’t making a lot of money and that he was looking for some sponsors, including a famous underwear brand he wouldn’t mind promoting. This joked was just made after he hinted he had kept on practising badminton to keep some of his “muscles” fit, hinting he had to fulfil his wife’s needs as a new husband…
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    yeah..i saw him in the video of 2006World Cup invitation,GZ while TH is playing with CH.I saw him playing in the court besides TH n CH's court.I was kinda suprised though..but,i'm happy for him.

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    LOL..desperate yet happy XXZ.Hehe..Happy for him.He's one of my fave all these time.Short but muscular guy,with a preety funny face.He should go for badminton apparels company for sponsors.I bet they wanna pay him high.Try victor,bonny,kason,etc..