Wrist problem

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by DarrenH82, Oct 21, 2017.

1. DarrenH82

DarrenH82 New Member

Hoping the arcsaber fd that I got on the way will help this. I'm a plasterer and the wrist is under constant strain on a daily basis, i had tendonitis once before and had to wear an ossur formfit for 3 weeks. A few days ago I somehow managed to agitate it again and had to finish the session left handed lol. Stay flexible guys, you don't have to be in your 60's to pick up injurys

Attached Files:

2. avia

avia Regular Member

I had similar issues with my wrist and i got a 4u mid flex and mid balace racket ( yonex arcsaber lite ). Things became a lot better with that. FD is 5u and specified as stiff by yonex ( i just played with it once and didn't find it too stiff though ).
    Although everyone might not have the same experience but some suggest that a racket that is too light and stiff is also not good for wrist and elbow.
    Do share your experience with fd once you get hold of one ;)

DarrenH82 likes this.
  3. DarrenH82

DarrenH82 New Member

I've read a lot of reviews that suggest the fd is a bit of a gamble weight wise too, some were coming in heavier than the spec'd 5u weight class. As a relative novice I'm prob unlikely to notice shaft flex and weight difference as yet

4. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

You might want to try Li-Ning N50III. Easiest racket I've ever used. Flexible, proper weight and fast as hell. Everything feels so easy with it.

swsh and DarrenH82 like this.
  5. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Yeah I ended up using an N50-III after I injured my arm, before I eventually switched. It's an easy racket.

Just make sure you aren't gripping your racket too tightly, and know your limits really.

swsh and DarrenH82 like this.
  6. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

I would recommend checking out the book TB12 by Tom Brady, you can get it on Amazon. It talks about pliability, the method by which Tom Brady stays as an elite football player, even at 40 years of age. The methods in the book are very effective for preventing and healing all manners of injuries, they have certainly helped me, and it is simply awesome, far more effective than traditional massage therapy. There is also a great deal of advice about training and diet that has a LOT of carry over to badminton

DarrenH82 likes this.