World Badminton Championships: Zolkples: BAM must be accountable

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by ksooi, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

Anyway, next year WC2007 would be held in Kuala Lumpur where some players like LCW is almost unbeatable in Malaysia since 2004. It's Malaysian Open next year.:D

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    BAM really in a hot soup today. Got some news from inside. Bad...i mean really Bad. Got wag.

3. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    What happened ants???Can you tell us more...Is BAM getting a hard scold from NSC???

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Bad could be understatement. I can almost tell what was discussed. This 10 day trip thing will never be a thing of the future I am sure. Resignations ?

5. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

I think LCW will be back on this Doha Asian Game.. He has too much presure as Word no 1 and top seed. I rather him not to be a top seed and word no 1 in the WC.. Then, i believe he can reach to the final. Like MO2006, Taiwan open 2006, Macau Open 2006 and HK Open 2006.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    The thing now is that Msia need to deliver in Doha.

7. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

I think no point for NSC to be over react on the half a million ringgit spent for Madrid trip issue. It is indeed over spent and the results was quite dissapointed to BAM and NSC, however, even if BAM to cut short the ten days to two days ahead of the WC2006 and to cut the sparring players and nutritionist from going to Madrid, it would still cost a few hundred thousands Ringgit for this Madrid trip. It won't be free ultimately. BAM still sending 20 players and a few coaches to Madrid with no guaranteed results.

It is just too foolish for BAM to over commit before a tournament start and the higher expectation that you have and the more dissapointment you are when the results turn into the other way round. Just learn from experience not to over spent and not over commit in a major tournament even that BAM is very confident to do well. Just mention to the press that they will try their best to do well and hoping to do better than the previous year instead of committing three pairs of MD in semifinal bla bla bla . In China, even LYB just mentioned to the press that China will do better than the previous year before the tournament started.
    In badminton games, win or lose is normal and the players are already the best in Malaysia and nothing much the BAM could do by replacing them with other players in order to perform better. Afterall, there is only one champion each in one tournament. Over react may just cause some coaches or players leaving BAM and weakened Malaysia strength. If LCW to be blamed by just loosing marginal to BCL where BAM and NSC to expect him to be at least in the final would only giving him unnecessary huge pressure. None of the Chinese players have to bare such a huge pressure comparing to Malaysian players. There are so many world champions and Olympic champions and world records holders in China in so many sports events that some times we may even bump into a world champion in Shanghai.:D So, less pressure for world champion in China comparing to "acting world champion " in Malaysia.:D

8. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

I always knew that the Malaysian players were under a microscope but didn't really realize that their underperformance could jepordize jobs! In a sense it is good though, Malaysian badminton Association is almost run like a business it sounds. Badminton in general needs a strong business side to make to the highest echelons of world sport both in prize money and television viewing. The players in the end are labor. Labor in any business costs the most and is used to achieve results. Poor labor results will end in job cuts / replacement.

On another level, were the BAM coaches during their playing days also mentally weak in big tournaments? It could be the root cause.

9. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Heard that someone will need to resign if they fail to deliver in Doha later. It will be the last chance for LWW/CTF to prove themselves too. If they fail this time, they will be out of the national squad.

I think the players are under tremendous pressure now. I think MSN shouldn't put too much pressure on the players as this may lead to negative results.

Pity the malaysian players. Even before WC started, i read in Berita harian that the players were told to win by pihak atasan (probably MSN or Ministry?) and Yap Kim Hock said that it is unnecessary to pressure the players. This was one of the reasons why they left earlier to Madrid too.

#49 Malaysianfan, Sep 27, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2006