women should be entitled to take part in men's matches.

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Sgbad, Sep 5, 2008.

1. viver

viver Regular Member

You can let your imagination run anyway you like ;) But chances happening in real life is not that great.

My coach was a former top men player in China. When playing against the Chinese top singles female players, the women rarely get more than 3 points.

2. toddster

toddster Regular Member

Grad. Student PE instructor
    In my humble opinion, this concept was not presented fully.

Here is my bias.... If women can get more money by competing in Men's Events, good for them, go for it.

At the lower levels of the game (i.e. B, C, D events) women should be allowed to enter those events. I have been trying to think of a player rating system for average players (un-successfully) but built in that system, it would be easy for females to have a "men's doubles/singles rating." He he but again, I have not solved the "rating" problem.

What is the point of this post? For the World Ranked players, or for the Average player to be able to compete across gender lines?

My position statement is as follows: Men and Women should be allowed to participate in "men" events, but men should not be allowed to participate in woman's events. Where I do not have an opinion is when a mixed team is allowed to compet in a "men's" doubles event? What do you guys think?

Toddster

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    You want equality in all competition? Eliminate seperate categories for gender. Make it free for all. Your idea sound very noble but truly shortsighted and hypocritical. Shortsighted because of all the reasons the previous posters mentioned and hypocritical because you proposed retaining the 'ladies' category, there shouldn't be any seperate categories if men and women are truly similar in abilities. Having ladies compete in mens' disciplines makes the 'ladies' category meaningless.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    when tina plays like a guy, and bcl plays like a girl, result can be very interesting:D

5. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    This is just irrelevant. Why not just ask all sports to desegregate and become "co-ed"? It would be pointless to even call an event women's singles or men's singles, if the both genders competed in the same event. If you made one singles and one doubles, and one mixed, the tournament would be exhaustingly long, with all those brackets, and there would be less people able to win.

6. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

The separation of men and women in sport occurs because women are genetically handicapped when competing with men in activities of speed and power.

In other cases of handicap, such as disability gradings, the more severely disabled athletes are allowed to compete against the less severely disabled -- although very few ever choose to, for obvious reasons.

In principle, the same should apply to women -- and I don't see a problem with it. In practice, however, I can't imagine any world-class women choosing to play in an event where they know they will be trashed by much lower-ranked men. :p

#26 Gollum, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    why interesting?

I think even the bookie dont wanna see it!

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I personally don't think the top women players can compete even with the #100 ranked men's player. If push comes to shove, the man will physically blow the woman off the court. Men know they have power to fall back on. Sorry if it sounds sexist.... but it's true

9. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    as some women players can smash and play like a man i dun think they is no room for them to have a match..

10. Double_Player

Double_Player Regular Member

that's why it's called MD/MS and WD/WS. and maybe in we should have co-ed single league where we just jumble all the player in one big pool. but it wont be fair at all for the ladies.

11. viver

viver Regular Member

If you are referring to the WBF list, well I doubt it. But if you are referring to the best #100 men players in the world, then I would not argue with you. ;)

12. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

At the lower levels (amateur), the women can win, cos amatuer men screw up quite often, i.e. make silly mistakes such as hitting the shuttle out the court when lifting. But at the higher levels, nobody is really going to give you any significant amount of free points, and there the women have a problem.

So theres no reason why not to jumble women and men in the amatuer competitions, especially if theres not enough women to make a meaningful contest. But at higher levels the women have no chance.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

If it's a "Battle of the Sexes" thing, once in a while, it's good to popularize the sport, to draw the crowds, like squash did in Spore recently.

I'm curious to see the top Women players going up against #100 male players.

And madbad, our WMC have beaten the 21 or 22 y.o. player MD Khoo CC before (not KKK,another one, hehe) in this year's TC/Uber simulation match. WMC isnt even top 5 WS. TO be fair to the youngster, he's a MD player, probably got confused like the Koreans did. KHoo CC, in MS, maybe he'll rank in the region of 100 to 150.

14. usjsubang

usjsubang Regular Member

General Manager
    Well, it is a good idea though, but i do not really think the women able to match with the men's speed and power. On the other hand, if this apply then it will decrease the excitement of the match.

15. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Wouldn't the men and women practice on the same squad? So, there should be plenty of opportunities to gain that experience, if they want to (probably do already).

16. the_oro

the_oro Regular Member

pretty boring profile -_-
    and then what if women started winning men's events as well as their own women's... can you imagine one player dominating all events?

17. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    only if they can have super good stamina..

18. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    You know, we're talking International competition here not the local tournament where females are allowed to play in the men's bracket.

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Of course women should be allowed to compete in mens events..

There should not really be a "mens" event imop.. It should be OPEN .. Singles & doubles. period..

Then they could bunch together the WS, WD, XDs togheter with other "paralympic" -events :)

Having a single event open for all sexes, would be the ONLY logical way, if we really would like equality between sexes..

And of course men with little muscle mass, should be allowed to compete in WS events (if they have not more muscles, why would they not be alowed to compete in WS ?? ) :-D

/Twobeer

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Bao CL would rule in WS event, he's the best girly singles player:)