why so many good players dont bother about grip size and weight?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by kameha2, May 18, 2003.

1. Oranjmaan

Oranjmaan Regular Member

student, Kumon Math Marker (w00t!)

The weight isn't THAT much of a deal, especially when compared to balancing. If i'm looking for manuverable racquet that feels light in the head, a 2u racquet balanced way to the grip would be better than a 3u racquet balanced at like 30 some centimetres.

And yea, I can definitely see how int'nl lvl players don't worry about marketing hype and catchphrases such as musclepower and titanium, but go with the racquets that feel the best to them. However, it can't be denied that musclepower really does affect string bed repulsion, and that ti threads can increase stiffness.

2. ArchDevil145

ArchDevil145 Regular Member

student
    As for my racket, its about 103 grams and feels good just that theres so many scratches on the head because of too many shuttle pick-ups (I'm still trying to master that without hitting the floor.)

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think LB may be right.
    What if the sponser only give you 2U racquets? You can either take them or leave them, which you would you pick? (especially they are probably free)

4. modious

modious Regular Member

No, I don't think kameha2 is referring to ppl who have sponsers.

Perhaps this is the way it is in Asia. I know of ppl who don't know sh*t (or don't care) about grip size, weight, etc but they sure are good. Well as ppl have said..... it's your skills that matters, not the racket.

5. ArchDevil145

student
    I agree. I don't know much about those U's and G's. But the skill is foremost the most needed factor in badminton.

6. swijaya0101

swijaya0101 Regular Member

kameha,

allow me to add in eventhough i am only a beginner :p :p

personally i dont care about the U's and G's ... after 10-20 shots i guess we will get used to it.

7. ArchDevil145

student
    I agree with swijaya. My grandma bought me a racket last time and I started using it for practice and I was terrible (never felt that way with any racket) I had the thought of using a different racket but then I sticked to my new racket and eventually I got the hang of it. So mainly the problem is my attitude.