Why BAO Chunlai won?(Why LEE CW lost?)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    The result is out already n it's unchangeable.Prize money is in each of their own pockets already.BCL won.LCW lose.LD didn't get any.That's the result..i know it's hard to accept,but none of us really has the ability to change that,do we?

Linesman r sucks,i know.Umpires r all chinese..so they might stand on LYB's or CHINA's side,i know.They r chinese,n it's not good..because they dont understand any other language except english.Yeap..that's sucks.No matter what we say,they can't understand.I dont think any of them were really ready for the Olympic standard,n the WBF should pay extra caution about that.And,hopefully in the near future,there wont be only local umpires in any international championships,for example:all chinese umpires in china open,or all malaysians in malaysia open.This way,all can be clear n fair.

Now,keep ur heads down for a while.Calm down..take a deep breath...

Like i've posted quite a while ago regarding china national team,we all know that china national team,they're quite different from the others.They dont really know what is sportsmanship.All they know is to win the matches,no matter what it takes,no matter how black it is.Yes,i know that.Maybe it's some sort of LYB's passion,to win as much matches as possible,and cover the dark side of the process.Maybe LYB had a bad days back in the day,when he's still playing as a player..n thinking about getting a revenge.. i dont know..maybe lots of u r having the same thought as i do.

Well..i wrote this same thing a long time ago.I'm not proud of China's national team.I'm not proud of LYB's achievement as a coach,who brought china to this big..with some of his dirty deeds..doesn't care too much about sportsmanship.That's why i got bored..from the last 2 years,that china became the biggest winner in badminton world.Everytime they play,i wish them to lose.Let the winners be the others,as long as it's not china.
    It's just so boring to see those faces everytime..n some their play doesnt even seems to be exciting either.

So..by this,i wanna say,WBF is not blind.WBF is also not a big fan of LYB,so i'm sure they'll take the neccesary punishment if they found out there's something wrong.But in the mean time,let us all be calm.No more fights between china n malaysia supporter,or one to another,since in the end,it'll be useless.There's even possibility that u'll end up fighting each other in the equipment room,or end up selling counterfeits to another in the "Buy & Sell"..just because u dont like each other.No,we dont want that.Hehe..so..let's keep it down n wait for the further news regarding WBF view about this.No matter what happends,there shouldn't be any fights happend within us,badminton lovers.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yup..for the love of this game..keep ourselves under control,k?:)

3. jamzari

jamzari Regular Member

Resort Owner
    All said and done, I feel the umpiring was bad not only during LCW/BCL's game but throughout the tournament. LCW could never have be playing that bad (the scoreline says it) if he was not affected by bad line calls and faulted by the umpire himself over his net play. You could clearly see he was rattled that he even looked disgustingly at the umpire during the next net play, almost challenging him to call "fault" again.

BCL may have been playing well but remember he was more fresh after the forced walkover by Chen Hong. He had all the unfair advantages on his side which LCW was deprived of. All being equal, let's see if BCL could win again should they meet the next time.

Anyway, congratulations to BCL. After so many tournaments being just a runner-up, perhaps we should let him have the crown for once! He can sleep well now.

4. Lobeh

Lobeh Regular Member

Could some kind soul please upload the MS,WS and MD onto youtube.
    Thanks.

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

6. TrueBlue

TrueBlue Regular Member

I only read the first two posts of this thread. So i don't know about the "controversal elements" in this thread. For me, this means i won't post anything about this game because i have no time to read all nine pages of the thread to find out about the controversial elements.

7. TrueBlue

TrueBlue Regular Member

I change my mind and make an ANNOUNCEMENT:
    Olympic Games is over for Badminton after 2008 for sure by now.

8. Konnichiwa

Konnichiwa Regular Member

Studente
    how do u know? dont say things you dont know of

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

<Sigh> If you look at the other replies and countless threads, you will find that we do agree Bao played better, is fresher. If the match was done fair and sqaure, would have been a 3 setter.

AND, remember Bao defeated LCW in Denmark Open Semis, WC 2006, of course we know Bao can beat LCW. LCW was critised then, and also critised when Misbun said he was suffering from knee injury in DO. So....

AND, I'm sure you've realised by now, many of the forum members are teenagers, a lot of hot blooded young men, so....

10. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

So, if the WS final were held after the MS final, maybe "someone up there" would not interfere the MS match so much. After CHN lost the WS title, they were certainly panic.

See posting #68 of this thread on,
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50038&page=4

According to a line judge, the judges assigned to the LD vs PSH match was Guangzhou judges while many of the judges at those controversial final matches were national-level ones.

11. sepang

sepang Regular Member

Totally agree. If it is a close call means the call can be either call out or in, that is difficult to argue; however, look at LCW's reaction, you can tell it is an OBVIOUSLY bad call that is against him. LCW definitely see the shuttle clearly infront of him and 100% sure it is out.

12. sepang

sepang Regular Member

广州的司线员们基 本没有违背自己的专业操守,还是坚持按公平的原则进行判决。可是到今天决赛的时候,更匪夷所思的事情发生了:有中国球员参加的比赛,司线员中都插入了国家 级的裁判员(原来担任裁判员和发球裁判员),并且都是担任边线及端线的司线员,前发球线和中线的司线工作由广州的司线员担任。而混双和女双比赛则全部由广 州的司线员负责(因为没有中国队或双方都是中国队)

http://www.chinabadminton.com/ball/Announce/Announce.asp?BoardID=4000&ID=2820028
    So, they do it purposely?

13. bpman

bpman Regular Member

90% of BCLs' 42 pts are winners.. not unforced errors by LCW n only 5% are controversial, I am also a fan of LCW but BCL is a clear winner. Umpires did not play the winning strokes.

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Did u watch the game "LIVE"? Did u watch the "close up" replay? :rolleyes:;) Did u read the CHN forum (sohu, etc...)??? ;)

15. bpman

bpman Regular Member

There are good n bad sportmanship displayed even by supporting fans. Sports politics is very very bad in international events. This thread is not to dispute results of games or umpires' misjudgements but to give unbiased opinions of the events. If the the games ended 22/20 n 22/20 then that will definetly be a agenda for the IBF or WBF..poor umpiring ..not in this forum...

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Same thing happened on China Masters where Kido/Hendra got 5 service faults as well as England pairs also....even all nations questioned how all umpires and service judges are from China for China masters and China Open( only 1 Korean umpire in this event ( CO) by the way).....They have addressed this issue which Super Series should have more International judges...but there is still no solution yet by BWF...the verbal reason that had been given that no judges wanted to travel to China (...hehe...)

17. indra

indra Regular Member

5 service faults?????? It was a "failed sabotage"

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

FIVE service faults to the same pair in a game??? :eek: One word: WOW :cool: Need no say more... :rolleyes:

19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Yep...I think Nathan and Gail got 4 also....thats why from beginning that Kido/Hendra had been warned by his coach to be careful when they serve..luckily they did not meet China until in the final.........final, Kido got 2, not bad ......we took pics while they were holding the cups..I will share that pic sometimes soon.......( also with badmania)

20. bcmmgr

bcmmgr Regular Member

Bao perform very well in Final game, he actually don't need any help from umpires n judges. Then he will win as real champion.

Now with all this negative news floating around, I don't know how Bao will take it ?

He actually need this WIN to recover his confident and prove that he can win in Final and not always runner-up. But now he may think that he didn't FULLY win in this match (even his is capable), he may even lost confident when play in Final outside China in future........

I don't think is good thing for Bao, but it maybe good thing for LCW, LCW certainly learn something from this and hopefully will be perpared for the unfair umpires n judges in China Olympic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.