Why Asians are more selfish when it come to teaching badminton?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by johnnxiv, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeatherDance

FeatherDance Regular Member

Nothing wrong with the footwork, funnily enough I did ask about it on this forum before as I went through 2 coaches teaching it differently. I personally feel that the 'left foot forward first' is good for covering distance when not under pressure i.e. there is no inertia acting on your body. During the heat of the moment (when inertia is erratic and all over the place), I find chasse to be a good way to control/channel that momentum correctly. Somehow my body has adapted this way for these 2 scenarios. So perhaps it's still up what your body feels comfortable with.

There are always going to be helpful and unhelpful people in your life. If you do live in a asian country, then of course the unhelpful side of things will constitute people from a certain demographic or race. It is just a matter of place setting.

#21 FeatherDance, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015
  2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I started looking through your posts and it looks like you're located in the south bay... The south bay has plenty of players and coaches willing to teach you myself being one of them. There are many players who will play with you and give you advice if you just ask them and yes they are Asian. Whether it's BBC, bintang, CBA, or synergy I've never seen anyone push someone off if they're respectfully asking for advice.

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Ignoring the ridiculous racist question...

No, you're wrong.

There is more than one way to move to that corner. The most efficient way depends on the situation in the rally; but in my view, your coach taught you the most generally useful way. It's what I teach as "standard".

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    You aren't Asian??

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I think he can learn only when someone from his own ethnic background teaches him......
    Don't blame him, his primitive insular society was segregated just 50 years ago.

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
  7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    You aren't the only one who got scammed brother.....
    The Native Americans who trusted your kind centuries ago got scammed too....
    So did all the trusting Asian and African countries who were welcoming to you...

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    psst, psst.... I am unsure our OP will trust an Asian's coaching video.... It must be a scam.

9. Chofiey

Chofiey Regular Member

I watched a youtube channel called 'better badminton'. She also thaught me to lead with the non racket foot first.
    Its a good video for basic techniques

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Gentlemen,

Despite the OP's choice of words for the title, it would be more dignified for other posters NOT to fall into the stereotype trap. One cannot make assumptions on the OP's ethnic origins as you might actually be wrong.

Thanks ;)

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Well, I have met a few coaches in the past. Now the person with the coach license at my club is IMO a great singles player but an average coach, because he teach things which he don't do. No big issues but things which don't feel right and can't be logical when it comes to doubles tactics. Because of his license he has a big head. The problem is if you are really interested and ask for reason why and have a thought which could be an alternative, he comes with the license bat to kill anything without arguments. BTW he is german. The previous coaches were IMO better and I improved more/learned more. They were german, german, german, bulgarian and vietnamese. All five coaches can't teach me wrong things and this one is right.

12. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I think it's definitely hard to get advice from people.

When your friend told you that your backhand was very good, it could have been true, as Cheung said. I had a friend also tell me that, and I focused on backhand a lot! Ever since I learned from a different coach, he never even taught me backhand, so I laid off.

I've also had different people teach me different footwork. Footwork is based a lot off of experience and people mostly do what works, I find.

I can't change your views on people, but the advice I will give is to get a coach who can play with you 1:1 and give you good analysis. Trusted coaches will give you good advice. :D

13. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Well then you come with "(insert some pro players name) doesn't do that". :p

Pro players is a tier above license :D

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there are bad oranges in every race, gender, religion, everywhere.

if you are over-sensitive and over-generalize and avoid certain groups, you will end up hiding in your own little corner and have no friends. open your eyes and don't look at things through colored glasses.

i think this should conclude this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.