Whose smash is most powerful?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by shamoon, Nov 6, 2003.

1. tonny

tonny Regular Member

i tink u forgot abt taufik. when at the indonesia open 2003. he smash thru chen hong dozens of times to win the competition. At times he could smash vry hard.

2. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    I was told by a former international doubles player that trained with Rexy Mainaky, that Rexy had an extremely hard smash. He told me that he could hit from the very back line and still blow it right past the defenders and bury it mid court. He described Rexy's smash as so powerful that when you were standing courtside, watching it, you could feel the power and speed. Coming from an actual international player, that's power! :D

I also heard the Danes were some of the hardest smashers in the game in general. I attended a training camp this past summer where one of the trainers was former Danish pro Thomas Stavngaard. When I asked him the show me how to generate the most power in smashes he gave me a demonstration. His smash came faster than anything I've ever imagined possible. Spectating courtside is one thing, having a shuttle blasted at you at such an alarming rate is another. I actually felt fear :p. In following demonstrations, just watching him preparing to smash and wind up was actually moving my heart up into my throat hahaha :D. Then he told me he was out of shape now and that his smashes were much harder when he was playing for Denmark! It sure is easier to be a spectator and speculate on the speed of the professionals' smashes ;).