Who is Nguyen Tien Minh??!!

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

You better specify that this is a joke only, or huangkwokhau is going to come after you again as usual.:p

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

please compare apple to apple. tennis and badminton is totally different. tell me, do you find tennis and badminton similar?;)
    actually i'm quite surprise that u didnt know he needs to defend this title which he won last year. the ranking points, sponsor thingy.etc. and i believe there's still many things behind the scene out there we actually do not know regarding him participate in this tournament. perhaps u could tell us how NTM played and how chong wei fare in the game since u were there just now.:);)
    Agree with this. overall the best man won that day. NObody can be perfect. even the dominant pair of jjs/lyd, lu lan and also pi hong yan lost yesterday. whats the big deal? Not to mention today koo/tan and peter gade also lose. at the end of the day, we could only know nguyen tien minh of vietnam played a superb game and win the match.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The crowd was very fair tonight.There was no loud support for LCW during play. Both players got applauded accordingly when they won hard fought points. In fact, underdogs know they always stand a chance in Singapore because the crowd would show appreciation through applause regardless of player status.
    Nguyen Tien Minh is in a class of his own because he has no coach (during tournaments anyway) and as such is used to figuring out for himself. That helps to develop his resourcefulness which gives him an edge.
    It was a thrilling match and there's nothing wrong with LCW losing to NTM. NTM is a dangerous opponent to any top MS including LD. The great note is that NTM has improved over last year at the ABC (when he stretched LD to the end.)
    I 'm happy that NTM won. Unusually he showed some emotion so the win is significant to him and may that give him the confidence for greater aims.
    (I hope someone videoed the match. It was a shot-for-shot,non-stop out-of- this-world kind of match.Most of the lucky crowd thought LCW would have lost in 2 games because NTM was so relentless but LCW gave us a 3rd game treat!)

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    The big deal is that due to LCW's speech(excuses) to the press about his poor form, Nguyen is not getting the respect he deserves for the win because now some people CAN question if he really has what it takes to beat LCW if not for LCW's poor form.:mad:

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The player who plays better and smarter won the game, period. At least for today, this player is not LCW.

That's why I said in another thread, the "Great" is defined by "consistency". LCW had a good start this year for 2 SS, but then it gives in the early round of this one. So, this is the old story we've seen over and over.

Unless he can be mentally tougher and win the important matches on a consistent basis, then, he is the "flash light" in badminton history, rather than the greatest stars...

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

But I do not remember Lu Lan or Pi HY or others claim themselves as Nadal or Federer as well?

Or, PI or Lu or their fans claim defeating them is "drinking boiling water"?

7. george@chongwei

LCW already stated that he is not in a very good condition before this tournament begins. So today defeat of him to NTM, its no surprise to us i believe. but i believe everyone else also will know that NTM played a very wonderful game to beat the WR1 now;)

8. george@chongwei

u should ask those who start the use the statement 'drinking boiling water' 1st;)

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, so, LCW is always honest, and whatever he said, we have to take it. Then how come whenever LYB or LD issue some statement, so many ppl directly conclude "lie", "shameless", "cheater", "excuses"??? :rolleyes:

Do we see double standard again? :p

10. george@chongwei

by the way, where did you heard chong wei giving excuses today after his loss to NTM?:(
    i thought chong wei just mentioned to the press that he is not in a good shape for this tournament? and i think thats before the start of this tournament

11. george@chongwei

im just speaking the fact that chong wei already state that he's not in a good shape before this tournament actually;)
    while on LYB or LD issue some statement, so many ppl directly conclude "lie", "shameless", "cheater", "excuses thingy, i believe u should know the answer:D

12. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

What so big deal as the Top world ranking 1 LCW and 2. Taufik lost in second round in Singapore. Even to the far lower ranking players. Cheer:D

13. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Giving out an excuse before the tournament is not considered as an excuse?:confused::confused::confused: So, from now on, everyone can just claim that he/she is off form, and take the credit if win, but can't blame him/her when lose. THAT'S A GOOD DEAL!!! better than what you can get from Wal-mart.:rolleyes:

As an athlete, you don't tell others that you are off form(that's just an excuse and insurance policy for yourself in case you lose)... keep your mouth shut and do your job.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Cos when LCW issue statements also, there're also so many who say "lame excuses", 'mentally weak', now got new one "saying coward things". Same2 lor. Like I said in another thread, works both ways.;):p:p

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Whether LCW's statement is the truth or the "smoke", it's not going to be a great statement, especial we hope he can "prove something".

The true champion and great, hide all the worst to himself, and let the racket do the talk. Whether they did it while facing tons of issues, or without a sweat, they let the fans judge the fact, while they are raising the trophy.
    Playing word game, or simply showing lackness of confidence will only pull LCW further away from "whatever to be proved"

And seriously, when LCW say, "not good form", your guys say "honest statement". When a CHN player claim injury, lose a match or WO, some ppl directly jump on the "cheating". So, I wonder where all the investigation taking place, and where the proof for each case is. :cool:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i hope not. I always thot that his computer beeps him only when cooler's post contained the characters 'TH', 'taufik' or 'hidiyat':D

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Seriously, when you really take upon a mission, the worst thing you want to focus or let others to know is "i am not good now".

To me, if you are really determined to challenge yourself, either 1. face the difficulty, and concentrate on your work (not mouth), or 2. if really seriously issues prevent participating, withdraw and save the best for next time.

Any statement of "not good enough now", only shows one thing - not being prepared. :cool:

18. george@chongwei

that's not an excuse. an excuse is like if u fail to do something, u will be giving out something excuses. that's called excuses. but in this case, LCW said this even before the tournament starts. and that's not an excuse though.at least to me. and your statement of as an athlete, dont tell others u'r off form or whatsoever. what to do, chong wei is the current WR1 and the media is always following him.. ya know?;)

19. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    You forgot one very important keyword, and that is "cooler":D:D:D

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    :eek::eek:
    your note is well taken..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.