Who are those Chinese?

Discussion in 'Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006' started by 2cents, Nov 1, 2006.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    At this Denmark open, we saw many unknown girls from CHN. Just name a few: Li Wenyan, Cai Jiani, Guo Xin, Qi Yu, Zhao Yunlei, Cheng Su, ... and Li Wenyan teams with Anu Nemnen from Finland to play women doubles, Qi Yu is partnering with Brian Prevoe in Mixed, ...

I don't think they were from China national team, first because Li Yongbo said he sent only Lu Lan, Jiang YJ, Wang Lin. Second, most Chinese single players don't play doubles at the same time, same tournaments, Third, even they played doubles, they would not have chance to form a double with other countries' players. No communication channel for them to set that up if they were not outside China, and no chance to practice either.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Those could be individual players hanging in Europe to find their own opportunities. So they join the Denmark open at their own expenses. Correct me if my guess is wrong

2. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

More likely is those Chinese players currently play at Denmark badminton club or another European club. Sort of like Xu Huai Wen and Pi Hong Yan before they change their nationality to Germany and France.

3. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Cai Jiani is an ex chinese national player in women's double, after she retired from the national team she moved to denmark
    But she's always really strong.
    last year she almost beat mia audina in quater final.
    The other players you quoted, most of them are a new wave of junior players =p

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Those players are probably "exports" :D

As for the Chinese national team, you have Chen Yu, Chen Hong, and Qiu Yanbo in the MS; Lu Lan, Jiang Yanjiao, and Wang Lin in the WS; Xu Chen/Zhang Wei and Shen Ye/He Hanbin in the MD; Pan Pan/Tian Qing in the WD; and Zhang Wei/Zhao Yunlei, He Hanbin/Tian Qing, and Xu Chen/Cheng Shu in the XD.

5. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    from time to time china also sent new potenials from their junior team
    to big tournments for experiences

6. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    I thought all the Chinese were from the China Team :eek: :D
    now I know... :D

7. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    yeah, I thought they had loads of juniors going to Denmark Open this time :D
    but some of them are playing for clubs in European countries :D
    thanks for starting this thread :rolleyes: :D :p ;) haha :D

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

By the way, those Chinese players are perfect so far. Amazing! They rarely play tournaments, but can beat those top 20 ranked in the world easily. So I feel kind of being cheated because when we say who's the best in world don't make sense anymore. There are huge number of potential people not playing !

9. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

As I know Zhao yunlei was the former of World Junior Championship 2004 winner partnered with Yu Yang in women's doubles. While Cheng Su was last year's winner of Asian Junior Championship (2005) partnered with Liao Jing Mei

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Wow, all the upper half are Chinese now! Xu Huaiwan, Jiang Yanjiao, Yao Jie, Cai Jiani,...Guo Xing, Wang Ling, Lu Lan, Pi Hongan,..

After some research, I found out that there are four different kinds of Chinese. First generation in badminton were those Chinese in Indonesia, Malaysia and other south eastern Asia. They were dominant badminton in early 50s, and 60s, then they went back to mainland China, taught mainland Chinese how to play badminton, then the second Chinese are the mainland Chinese, they now come out the best in the world right now. then some mainland Chinese cannot have opportunities in mainland China, so they moved to Europe, still held Chinese citizenship but playing in Europe. These are the 3rd kind of Chinese. Then some of the 3rd kind of Chinese neutralized to those countries citizen, that's the 4th kind of Chinese. They are China-born, China-trained Europeans.

First kind of Chinese: Wong Mew Choo
    2nd kind of Chinese: Zhang Ning
    3rd kind of Chinese: Cai Jiani,Guo Xing
    4th kind of Chinese: Pi Hongyan, Yao Jie, Xu HW

So basically, there are all Chinese fighting each other between different kinds of Chinese, in badminton tournaments.

11. ricksakti

ricksakti Regular Member

Surgeon
    Yet they are blood and flesh chinese. Amazing how they survive...