Where is everyone from?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Jan 7, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Hi i'm Byro-Nenium, my real name is Byron and i'm from Singapore. I used to live in Indonesia and i did for 12 years. I've only played badminton seriously for 2 years and i'm 16. I play for UWCSEA here in Singapore and i play with a Yonex Ti-7 and a Fleet Ti-99.

Wheres everyone else from?

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    My name is obviously Tony Luu. I'm from San Leandro, CA USA. I've started playing badminton seriously in my junior year of high school which was last year. I'm play for Arroyo High in San Lorenzo. I've played with a Ti-10 for about 5 months and now I got myself a Muscle Power 100. I love this website.

3. Canyt

Canyt Guest

My name is Canyt and I'm from Vancouver Canada. I've started joining my elementary school's team when I was grade 5.. that was age 10. I'm 17 now and a member of my high school team, we really kick butts!! But I only started taking the game seriously and thought about the mental involvement to the game when I was about 15, and I've improved dramatically since then. I use a Iso-800 which I love very much!

4. vince poon

vince poon Guest

You guys just a bunch of young pups compare to me, I am in my late late 20. I live in Calgary Canada and vince is just my name for this forum, I like to stay annonymous just like most of you. I think cooler is from Calgary too, it would be strange if I actually play with cooler in one of the club and didn't know it was him. That's what so great about the internet, no matter how corny you are, there always people willing to listen to you and they don't have to know your real name.

5. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    Those are 1 of things that you never know...... Course most people would BS but about Badminton, nah, its 1 of my fav sports

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Yup, you're right, i'm from calgary, home of the Canandian National and Olympic Badminton Training Center. Sound impressive but not really, any provincial players from china or indoesnia can eat our national players for lunch.

For us badminton fanatics here, things we do to improve our games are very common for us as we learn from vince's poll.

7. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    I can't say that Singaporean badminton players are any better. Sorry to all other Singaporeans reading this but i don't think Singapore will ever have a chance in any compition.

Our best players are orginally from Indonesia, Indra Wijaya, Hendra Wijaya and Ronald Susilo, all originally from Indonesia.

8. justin

justin Guest

I am much older than all of you so far, in the "30 something" age group, only manage to play with my buddies once a week. BTW, our base is in Bishan Sports Hall.

I grew up in Malaysia, and over there, badminton is a national game. Have been playing since the wooden racket age, but never gone through any formal training.

I am using Ti-7 and ProAce Ti Speed. My favorite string is Yonex Micron66, and love to smash those durable RSL birdies.

9. HannAngel

HannAngel Guest

Hi, I'm from Malaysia. I started playing badminton when I was 5, and I'm 19 now. Anyway, I haven't gone through any proper training. But I just love badminton! I play in women single and mix double. My favourite professional badminton player is Wong Choon Hann, Malaysia's national No. 1.

10. Magnus

Magnus Guest

Hi all. I'm from Sweden and I'm ooold -- 31. I discovered "real" badminton only two years ago. I got addicted at once. I wish I had started when I was 15 instead... I've played some tennis, and was also fencing for a number of years. Believe it or not, but I found badminton to be a perfect mix of the two! :)

I now play with a club in Stockholm on recreational basis, about 8-10 hrs/week. I mainly play singles, but can occasionally engage in a doubles game.

I use a Carlton Airblade Rasmussen and a Yonex MP100 for backup (yeah, I still think the Rasmussen outperforms the MP100!), both strung at 24 lbs with BG68-Ti.

11. Bluejay

Bluejay Guest

Toronto, Canada.

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you should have let us guess first.

13. ChubbyCU

ChubbyCU Guest

Supx. I just discovered this site, and i am delighted to see so many badminton enthuist from around teh world. Im 19 from the Bay Area, CAlifornia. Ive been play since my freshman year in high school and recenlty just competing at the jr. national level. Well considering that the jr. national level isnt much, im not so proud of it. Well its nice to meet you guys.

14. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

Male, 31, Singapore. For doubles: 2 Gosen Roots 1500 Ti strung at 23 lbs with BG 80. For singles: Carbonex 20 strung at 23 lbs with BG 66. Currently playing about 3-4 days a week.

15. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    This is kinda late but never mind. I'm S'porean and I'm not offended... coz I think S'pore sports officials should quit setting stoopid targets like Thomas Cup 2002, World Cup 2010 (Ist and 2nd rds only, thank you) and Olympic medals. I don't play badminton coz I have no ball sense... hyuk... I have been watching badminton seriously since 1994 but I s'ppose that doesn't count.

16. Takumi97

Takumi97 Guest

Hope this thread isn't dead yet!

Hi, I'm 21 years old, male, and live in Toronto, Canada. I love badminton. I've been playing badminton since the age of 5, but only started training seriously at 16 after I went to Singapore to train during my summer holidays. When I started university, I had to focus on my studies and stop training for badminton. For the last few years, I've been playing recreationally, but have tried to restart my training when I'm not at school.

I prefer singles, but mostly play doubles due to the lack of court-time. I use the Yonex ISO 100 strung at 22 lbs (BG65).