What supplement you take?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by anarkia, May 3, 2006.

1. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    Indeed, it can be much more expensive. Take a recent example, of something that we (my family) bought: A regular pumpkin pie for $3.99 as compared to an organic pumpkin pie that cost about $15. WHAT?! That's almost a 4 times difference. But you know, if you really prefer organic, it's worth it. We also get organic milk and some organic other stuffs, it's hard to get a completely organic meal here, but you can easily get stuff that's organic. Just wish the prices would go down, or they'd invent something to re-organize the plant DNA to make it grow faster.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Good soil management includes matching the plants' need with the soil's nutrient supply. The largest amount of nutrient the plant needs is sugar, just like humans needing carbs for energy. Fortunately the plants make their own sugars and starches, simply from the sun and CO2. The next 3 large nutrients the plant needs but which it cannot make are NPK. These are found in the soil together with other nutrients (mostly minerals). Some plants require more nitrogen than a particular patch of land/soil has, in which case you supplement with nitrogen fertilizers. The NPKs are fertilizers for plants. They are not nutrients for human consumption. Most N (nitrogen) fertilizers come in the form of ammonia, ammonium sulphate, urea, and the N part of compoung NPK fertizers. Sulfur is also a plant nutrient but is needed in very small quantity. Sulfur is a waste by-product of petroleum refining and pollution-reduction processes called de-sulfurization. Instead of dumping such huge quantity of sulfur as waste, recycling it for use by plants is actually helping the human race and the environment.

3. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Electronics Tech, Badminton Junkie!

Enhances Human Growth Hormone (HGH) levels????

Will slow down the ageing process?????

There is other things that i know that have simular effects.

DHEA...............is legal in most countries.......not here in Aust.

It is a steroid, well almost, it is a 'Sterone'. Why it is not illegal in most countries??? Because our bodies already produce it, it depletes in level with age........some doctors refer to it as the 'cup of life'. As many beleive it can prolong youthfullness.........provided you don't stop supplementing with it.

Look it up..........'DHEA' and make your own mind as opinions vary.

I would not take it even if i could get it into Aust. Don't think is steroids and steroid like substances should be taken.........trust me i know.

All things like that make your gains/benefits just about vanish once you cease taking them.

Colostorum(spelling) is another so called 'age defyer' and HGH increaser.

I draw the line with these type supplements/ Elevators. You do not need them. These type supplements can give drawbacks once you stop taking them. I would not recommend or take any of these myself.

Modious and myself seemed to have simular supplementation, I don't think he takes any of these supplements that have draw backs or side effects............as i think he knows better.

You can all take what you want..........but do your research!!!!

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Canada hasn't approved DHEA yet I think.

DHEA is available in the U.S. (Costco) and comes in different dosage. My friends who are in their early fifties are taking it and it beneficial. However, I will not touch it because of unknown side effects.

5. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

Student @ Hugh Boyd Secondary
    Yeah i m 15 ...

i m wondering are there anything i can take to make me run faster i m fat so i cant run that much and i wanna grow taller and push more muscles any good ideas? Major hops would be great too =)

6. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

Yeah Pete I would suggest not taking it. You can if you want but it is steroids.

DHEA can give you GYNO (bi*ch Tits) and shrinkage of the testes:eek: once dosages cease.........just like steroids. As the body attapts to it and starts to produce less of your own DHEA and Testosterone. A hormonal 'crash' is usually experienced after dosages cease..........unless you keep taking it for the rest of your life.:eek: $$$$$$$ The youthful feeling of having higher Libido and muscular strenth and the ability to make fast strong muscular gains is often enough to hook older users..........ofcourse it would! Falling DHEA levels in a ageing man is also beleived to be a catalyst for hair loss.

JEFFEILD: At fifteen stay away from supplements exept for vitamins and straight protein supps maybe.

If you are overweight and have a body fat % of more than 15-20% than your testosterone levels will be lower than if you had under 10%.
    Eat only healthy food(low fat) and burn as much fat as you can through Vigourous exercise........don't starve yourself! Eat healthy only.

At your age if you brang your body fat down to under 10% the testosterone level would increase prob quite dramatically. This would aid you alot in puting on muscular weight/strenth.

There are alot of sites that are about burning fat and building muscle it goes hand in hand. Just type in your search 'burn fat build muscle'

Most Pro body builders have about 8% bodyfat and lower.

Get taller???? lol genetics. you are 15.........be patient.

I grew late. I grew a foot in a year from the age of 17-18.
    I was 5' 4 and at the end of the year i was 6' 4. .....ounch i have bad back pain from it i believe....ouch!!!

#126 LongReach, Nov 27, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  7. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

hmm , thanks i wont take anything and eat more fruits =/
    and i do eat healthy food i stay away fastfood unless i really need to have it for certain reasons and i do excerise a lot , i play football (not soccer) basketball , and badminton and yeah i wanna bring my body fat by a lot =/

btw i wanna get taller my parents arnt that tall nor my brother i m about 5'5 right now and i m taller than my parents and brother =/ i dont think ill grow any taller because my parents arnt tall at all =/

8. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Another kind of supplement that hasn't been mentioned are the "greens" supplements. Pretty much a bunch of exotic plants ground into a powder and made into a convenient to make drink that (according to the makers) is worth several salads in terms of nutritional value. Basically, these supplements are high in anti-oxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, fibre and have a basic effect on your blood.

9. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

hmm that should be really good for u then ?

10. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    so the price of organic food is 4 times in your place...it's almost the same in hong kong...my wife is buying organic cosmetic!!!

some commercial farmers are "introducing" worms' DNA(genetic modification) to the plant to make it resistance to worm...it's bad for the vegetarian, and no one knows the long term effects on human

11. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    no doubt high dosage of DHEA will have a lot of side effects...but if one takes low dosage of DHEA(or the correct dosage), it might be fine...there's new product which has 5mg per pill...and i heard that 7-keto is one kind of the dhea that can prodvide the benefit without the side effect

12. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    natural way for weight reduction:
    1 compute the calories that you really need so you take sufficient food each...but you should divid all the food into 5 or 6 meals instead of taking 3 meals(your body will need to expense more energy to digest the food and you will feel less hungry)

2 drink only ice water(as cold as possible)...ten 8 oz glass per day(your body needs to expense energy to warm up the water)

If you just do the two above, you will at least reduce 1.5 LB per month(almost 16 lbs per year) without feeling hungry.

run faster:
    1 training on endurance...each session, you need to continue exercising for at least 25 minutes...you need to do interval training by combining power walking, jogging, slow running and fast running...start slowly with power walk for 10 minutes...when your body is ready, jog a bit and power walk a while, than run a while, than jog than run and power walk...the goal is eventually you can run the whole 25 minutes after you have trained up your aerobic energy system

2 you also need to learn and practice some exercise to strengthen the abs and leg's muscle such that you have the "machine" to produce "power"

13. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

Thanks i will keep those in mind
    and i have been trying to run with weights its really hard but its working =)
    the food i guess that i will try that i just eat 3 meals but honestly sometimes i skip those breakfast since i rush to school , but since its cold now my mom usually cook's me a nice warm Udon Breakfast =P i know its not thebest for weight watch buy i m trying to tell her to stop =/ but yeah ... ill try what u think that would work =/ and thanks
    and i do excercise a lot since i m in to football / basketball / and badminton

14. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

the food i guess that i will try that i just eat 3 meals but honestly sometimes i skip those breakfast since i rush to school , but since its cold now my mom usually cook's me a nice warm Udon Breakfast =P i know its not thebest for weight watch buy i m trying to tell her to stop =/ but yeah ... ill try what u think that would work =/ and thanks

15. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

16. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    actually, if you could increase the meals per day from 3 to 5/6 and keep the total food quantity unchanged, you can expense more energy for digestion.

since you are doing a lot of exercises, please try consider doing some weight-lifting exercise to increase the muscle such that you will have more power when needed.

i don't oppose carrying weight to run...but you must consider the impact on the joints given you think you are over-weight already...more over, when training aerobically, the length of time and intensitiy are more important than wether you carry weight

17. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    you are right...these scientists will help the plants grow faster and have the nutrients the plants "need" ...the faster the plants grow, the more profit the farmers can get from the limited land...as a result, the plants that we eat do not contain all the nutrients that normally come with the "organically grown" plants...we need to take supplement in order to get nutrients like selenium that are missing from non-organic plants

18. Jeffield

Jeffield Regular Member

oh alrite ill try and excercise without the weight from now on and increase my meals =/ and keep the same amount of food =) and ill work on weight training more since i play football so i have to anyways and thanks again =)

19. LongReach

LongReach Regular Member

7-keto is a fraud. It is just a supplement that is trying to pass itself off as DHEA as 7-KETO is not illegal to sell in most countries like DHEA, so it is just made to bypass the law and claim it has simular effects.....but doen't. Thats all, i would not waste my money on that.

There is a million scam supps out there.

20. myself.

myself. Regular Member

Student
    yeh, there's million scam supps out there.

i still don't have time to do research on 7-keto but my gut feelings is: better not be "genuine pig":D . 7-keto is very expensive too...and there're loads of adv in the newspaper