what are CN/SP/JP/US/CD/UK? (Yonex country code)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Japan racquets have transitioned to LD code as of January 2018 (great marketing ploy for LD fans to get around it? hahah)

If the current trend continues, Yonex Japan has adopted a convention to change the last two alphanumeric characters of the shaft code quarterly (January, April, July, September)

#41 Okaharu, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Sorry but, how could this code changes ever help in preventing fake JP rackets from being bought when all the fakers have to do is follow the pattern? Looks to me like it will only confuse the market from understanding what they're doing.

Cheung likes this.
  3. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    are JP coded rackets really superior to SP coded ones? what about TW coded rackets as compared to Sp ones?

4. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Best quality it may not; but what the JP code excels in is consistency and tightness of quality control.
    When you have 1 piece you may not feel it, but when having 10 in a go all laid out, you should be able to tell it.

SP is quite the worst. But then again they are the most in quantity so only Yonex themselves really know the spread of range of weights and balance. I once had a SP NR800 that was more Arc11 with a tinge of head weight, and alongside it a JP NR800 that was really what the poster said; HEAD LIGHT. The third SP NR800 was also more HL than even.

TW to me is like the cheap JP; in terms of finishing, no PBSI logo on cone, no SP sticker on shaft. Clean like JP, and somewhat, plays like one too. Just that no real chance to really have many at a go to tell the difference.

5. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    i will be buying on TW coded rackets, they seem to have a price advantage over sp ones. i am not a person reselling rackets, so it should serve me well.

6. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

What you said will be true in the perfect world, but in the real world, we know that's not the case
    Counterfeiters target the innocent and most often than not, dont really have the resources and time to create an exact replicate of the real deal

Anyhow, touché, and I retract my statement. Thinking back, did Yonex ever make an offical announcement on whether their cone code change was a result to combat counterfeits? All we have so far is a statement from shuttle house but not an official statement from Yonex themselves

#46 Okaharu, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  7. Leemarc

Leemarc Regular Member

Over here in Singapore. Alot people avoiding hk code. Prefer sp code. Even my stringer says that hk code are less inferior compare to sp rackets. In fact I observed hk code racket are selling cheaper in the resale market. Any comments?

8. r3v0lv3r

r3v0lv3r Regular Member

BTW, would like to know for those who come from Malaysia:
    1. Are all genuine rackets with SP cone code, sold or distributed by sunrise only?
    2. If yes, will they always carry the sunrise SP distribution code on the shaft as well?

Reason being that, I'm looking for a new racket to buy and noticed some high end rackets with SP cones does not have the SP distribution code on the shaft.
    The rest of the racket looked genuine, including the price

Sent from my vivo V3Max using Tapatalk

9. BadAtGoodminton

BadAtGoodminton New Member

Student
    I am wondering if Li-Ning rackets suffer from this variability in racket b.p. and the like.

10. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

you'd have to get on badmintoncn for that, they're real detectives over there haha
    plenty of analysis but really it could all be within acceptable product variance - no official statement from li ning
    all I can tell you is that top-end li ning racquets have a 'Chinese National Team' edition and this is marked by the emblem on the cone
    E1981_6112042742.jpg

11. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

yes you are right, the national team rackets all have this emblem on the cone.
    I am fortunate enough to have one N50ii with this emblem on the cone, and this racket just plays totally different to a normal off the shelf N50ii.

alexnd2008 and Okaharu like this.
  12. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Japan code
    April 2017: XF
    July 2017: 78
    October 2017: 68
    January 2018: LD
    April 2018: 8Z
    July 2018: 8Z*
    October 2018: 5C
    April 2019: BE

China code
    April 2017: VX
    July 2017: A4
    October 2017: 70
    January 2018: AX
    April 2018: DW
    July 2018: DW*
    October 2018: 8N
    January 2019: 8N*

* Update: July 2018
    Yonex had switched over to a biannual (April, October) code change as of April 2018.

Feel free to let me know about any new codes so I can update the list accordingly :)

Racquets distributed by Yonex China now have a unique sticker you can scratch off that reveals a serial number.
    This can then be entered in Yonex China's official website for authorisation of genuineness.

Now we know Yonex has the skills to do it, would be great if they implemented this authorisation to racquets worldwide in the near future!

#52 Okaharu, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    ucantseeme, Endôout, offbad and 2 others like this.
  13. BadAtGoodminton

BadAtGoodminton New Member

Student
    Darn but I don't know a lick of chinese characters DX

14. Stephen Del Rosario

Stephen Del Rosario New Member

Please allow me to share my VTZF2 (With Code: 3005838Z) that I asked my sister to purchase just today from Windsor Racket Shop at Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Indeed they already changed the coding. It also now carry the SG logo beside the weight and grip size codes...

Attached Files:

15. dplgngr

dplgngr New Member

I just purchased astrox 77, I'm confused where it has been manufactured. The product code has an "SP" ending, while the butt cap has "Japan" mark.

16. llrr

llrr Regular Member

It's manufactured in Japan and distributed in Singapore

dplgngr likes this.
  17. dplgngr

dplgngr New Member

Thank you for the clarification.

18. dessu87

dessu87 New Member

I just purchased Astrox 88 S and the "country code" is "AX". Wondering now where this racket was manufactured?

19. dessu87

dessu87 New Member

Also, when I check the QR code on the racket's handle's plastic cover I get directed to Yonex webpage which claims that the racket is Duora Z-Strike, wtf?

20. dessu87

dessu87 New Member

Oh, now I got it. The Duora Z-Strike was only an ad. I have scanned the other code from the handle with these small "laser sticks" in it with Authen Verifier and the racket is genuine Astrox 88 S. AX country code refers to China as it was purchased from www.jd.com while on business trip in China.