weighted badminton raquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by TrunkZ69, May 14, 2001.

1. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    how do i add lead tape to my badminton raquet. like if i put it like at 3 and 9 o'clock, it makes it more stable or somethign right? what happen if i wanna it to have more power? am i suppose to put it at 12 o'clock. does any one know any sites that show you? i've seen one, but it was so long ago, i lost it. ok thx bye

2. Don

Don Regular Member

Add it to the base where the T joint is. Adding it anywhere else improperly may add torsion to your racquet.

3. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    well the thing is, it's gonna be a super light raquet, and i wanna findle iwth it abit. it's a sig. ti from carlton. they are already amazingly aerodynamic, so it shouldn't add much of an effect. ok thx. bye

4. Jeff

Jeff Guest

signature Ti from carlton is a little TOO light

5. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    that's why i wanted to add some lead tape, to give it a bit more power if possible, by adding weight ot the head, cause i remmeber it being light to the max.

6. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    If you have a stable frame, such as the Carlton Signature Ti, you will benefit more from adding at 12 o'clock or 3 & 9 o'clock positions. If you add lead tape at the t-joint (which is really an unorthodox advice, Don) you will have to add more than if you add it on the frame. Just make sure you add it symmetrically (left/right).

Experiment a little. I'd start by adding a little at the top.

7. J

J Guest

Where can I get some lead tape?

8. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    does any one know how to put lead tape on your raquet? like width, length and so on?

9. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Most tennis brands have leaad tape in their product range. I have used Prince and Babolat lead tape. They come in precut strips of 3 grams. Being designed for tennis racquets, they are too wide for the narrow badminton frame. Slice them length-wise into three thin strips (1 g each) which will then fit nicely on the inside or outside of your frame. How much you add is for you to try out. I have 2 g added at 12 o'clock on my Carlton Aerogear 1000FX and it works well.