Was this unethical? I intentionally caused a midcourt collision on the opposing team

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by thumpsky, Apr 3, 2012.

1. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

who cares bout ethics in this setting? in badminton you can't purposely hurt your opponent, neither by letting them clash their bodies or rackets (lol) neither by aiming at their body/face with your shots...

the interesting thing:
    it's just dumb to play a shot the opponent might reach instead of just smashing on the one lying on the floor and ending the point. nothing clever about giving opponents the opportunity to recover...

2. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

LOL, I could care less about such things. Such concerns speak to someone whose spent their high school years getting locked in their locker or someone whose packing 2 inches, if you get my drift.

I'll agree with this point by itself because we all do it. In fact I make 'smart a$$' shots all the time. But, I suppose the fact that I lead a full life saves me from the need to tell war stories (brag) about it after the fact on some online forum. Your need to do so, points to someone with self esteem issues. But, then add such sentiment as, and I quote, "I was hoping to cause damage". Speaks to deeper psychological issues. Compounded again by the need to come on here and talk about.

Yeah yeah, it doesn't matter how drawn out or emotional the situation, only a complete beginner or idiot wouldn't be aware of the situation their partner was in.

Yes, I'm sure it was all very real to you. That was the badminton match you had right after your checker game with Sasquatch right?

#22 thunder.tw, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  3. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    let me get this straight.

He wanted to cause harm, and he did.

It's not wrong cause his opponents should be smart enough not to let him hurt them? really?

lol, you meanies.

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    So would the same apply if he wanted to injure a child by throwing a ball into a busy street hoping the kid chases after it? Tough luck for the kid cuz he/she should have known better?

The fact that he wanted to do harm to another individual makes him a sorry excuse of a human being.

If he worded it as "unintentional" then he wouldn't get such a negative reaction from everyone.

5. thumpsky

thumpsky Regular Member

Student
    obviously context matters. doing harm to an opponent, within the confines of the game, is different from what you described.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

So if you had a chance to smash them in the face, you would?

7. CanucksDynasty

So I guess you're OK with the bounty-gate scandal in the NFL as well. As the hits are within the confines of the game as well.

8. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    I think we're arguing the same point Canuck. But perhaps the "?" was too subtle. I wasn't making a statement that it was "not wrong". I was questioning it.

Anyway, hope the OP patched it up with the divers. Game on.

9. CanucksDynasty

Heh...

Subtlety and sarcasm doesn't translate all that well on the internet (or at least I find it sometimes hard to notice). But yeah...GAME ON.

10. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    ]

Someone here got a very creative mind . JJS style overhand disguised drop , one player diving to recover it , and than you made the other player dive on top of the player on the ground !!!!!

I dont know what you been drinking before writing this post but it is definitely some good sh*T.

Does not take long to figure out this did not happen on planet earth , lol