VT Zforce II comparison to Astrox 100zz

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BadmintonDave, Jun 8, 2022.

1. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Hi all,

Back in the day I had a zforce 1 and sold it on, never had the opportunity to buy or try a zforce2 and I remember hearing the 2 was a big improvement over the first.

Assuming both are 3ug4, how does the Zforce 2 compare to the astrox100 zz?

I only ask because a website seems to randomly have some in stock, I am on holiday from thursday for a week and didn't want to miss out on this offer

2. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Owning a 100zz and have tried zf2, but both 4u, 100zz will feel more slight head heavy, even balance, as opposed to the sledgehammer that is the zf2. I'd assume the comparison between the two at 3u will be similar.

They both feel solid, but the 100zz has a different kind of solid feel, likely due to its filled shaft. I can't really comment much though as it has been a long time since I've used either.

For head shape, iirc zf2 has the smaller head but both are smaller than the norm anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

3. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

Own a Zf2, and 3 100zzs, 2 in blue and one kurenai. All in 4U

Traded a 88d Pro for the zz because i wanted something more like the zf2, but not as heavy.

I find that the 100zz is somewhere in between the two. Not as head heavy but very quick, much quicker than the zf2. I think that is due to to solid shaft. The hitting feel also feels very very nice, also from the solid shaft I think.

Both have compact frame, but I had to spend about 3 weeks getting used to the compact frame of the zz, while the zf2 took no time at all. I somewhat still mishit from time to time in the zz. The compact frame is more egg-shaped than the zf2, which to me feels more square...if that makes sense at all.

The handle of the zz is longer and to me more useful than the shorter (and thicker) handle of the zf2. All are the G5 variant.

For me the blue ZZs feels like it has slightly more flex, thus more forgiving, than the kurenai ZZ. But this could be a deviation in production. But both my blue ZZ feel the same. So maybe some food for thought.

BadmintonDave likes this.