Voltric Z-Force II or something lighter?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DarkusRage, May 13, 2016.

1. ravikiran98490

ravikiran98490 New Member

Hello Paul and others,

I am purchased very recently, less than a week, a ZF2 4u and yes i am also going through the phase ( Sore forearm and tennis elbow) . I am at tension 24 with BG 65 on it. Could you please suggest me the best suitable string and tension and any other suggestions would be great and much more appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ravi.

2. insular

insular New Member

Attached Files:

3. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

BG65 is pretty good at shock absorption. You might want to reduce the tension by about 2 lbs until the pain goes away.

4. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    If a racket hurts to use, I would recommend you stop using that racket.

5. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

Probably not the racquet. One might as well take a break for a week or so to recover. Some steel 150g racquets are 10x worse than a ZF.

6. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    I've used 120g and 210g rackets, and neither hurt my wrist. The ZF2 did though.

7. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

8. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Either way if it really hurts that's usually a sign to stop ☺️

dave010 likes this.
  9. PauLCW

PauLCW Regular Member

Bird Slayer
    Hello ravikiran98490, Personally I don't like the BG65 string I feel like it's too soft and spongy which tends me to use a lot of effort to perform a shot. I'm glad that our friends here came to your attention and what they are saying is true. I stopped using my ZF2 (4U) back then and switched to my reliable VT80 (only for a while) and trained harder to get physically stronger.

Just like you I got the racket (ZF2) strung with a default setup BG65 @ 24lbs too. I will recommend you to get stronger first by training your wrist and forearm, do proper stretching before you play and I'm confident that you will enjoy playing your racket ;)

As for my current string configuration, I have a BG66-Ultimax @ 30lbs. started at 24lbs very much like you and went on my way up 1lb at a time and regardless of any string setup you would like, it will not matter when you are strong. And also please try a medium feeling string (BG66, UM. Force, NG98 etc) and we hope for your positive response. Enjoy your racket HTH :)

10. whitesky86

whitesky86 New Member

IT Tech

Advise to Change to VT70E-tune with the tungsten Garment ( Not the default garment ). IT is mid-flex racket head heavy with the tungsten garment on the head is strong enough to perform smash like ZF2..

Tension 24 BG65 seems good enough train up your wrist power with ur old racket before you move to ZF2. Just use ZF2 for normal warm up strokes will do..

I had you sore forearm and tennis elbow issues before when i have the ZF1 i switch back to my VT80 to improve my wrist power after awhile than i swop it back to ZF1 than it fits to my play...

currently using ZF2 (3U), VT80 PG (4U) , ArcSaber11 (2U) strung all @ 28LBS on BG80. I play 4 times a weeks

11. kamal preet singh

kamal preet singh New Member

I would advise to use lighter rackets like zsp or duora or even glanz and a couple of games only with zf2. 3u is even heavier. Also combine some weight training of arms and shoulders.

12. Fernaldishan

Fernaldishan New Member

yeah. try a 4U z force 2
    also shart a wrist,forearm workout.
    it will help you to play with your z force2 with increased potential than before