VIVO BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2015 : Day 2 - Group Stage Matches (11th May 2015)

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2015' started by CLELY, May 10, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

No their world ranking is no 3 before Goh Liu Ying stopped playing and went for her knee surgeries.

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

INA thought they can win it 4-1 but the Adcocks has another idea. Tontowi/Natsir better improve quick. They can't lose vs. Denmark we need the pt.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Agree.. another 3-2 affair. If KS, SN and Gupta/Ponappa can get the pt, IND will advance to next round.

4. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Malaysia was a bottom of the group last 2 years (at own homeground), now they are the top in the group, thanks for winning against favourite Korea & almost underdog India...

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

To be honest Malaysia has been playing well it seems in team events and this one I must admit. In Thomas Cup 2014, Malaysia topped the group match and Korea second. India third and Germany last. Now I am seeing a repeat of this result again in Sudirman Cup 2015. Well just like What Gill Clark mentioned, Malaysia team ranking will surely move up to world no 4 as they already qualified for the QF. I am not a sour grape here and I certainly will not whine and complain about Korea losing the match.

Credit must be given to Malaysia players who played so well. Lee Chong Wei carry some injuries with him but he still win both matches. Goh V Shem both right and left knees are also injured but he played well to win the MD match. Then Goh Liu Ying is also not properly healed from her left and knee injuries yet but she still can win the XD match. I realised that both the Malaysian MD and XD players really go all out to attack and their speed is so fast. They have good defence too. No wonder they can win. I personally think that Malaysia WD apply the wrong strategy today. They hardly attack at the beginning of the game. However, the played better vs Korea WD yesterday. It is okay. A win is still a win and congratulations to Malaysia for winning the group match.

Yes, that is why predictions will only remain as predictions and the actual results is the one that matters. I guess those who predicted that Malaysia will lose both the matches vs Korea and India should repent by now. I also want to repent because I also predicted that Malaysia will lose against Korea. :)

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

GVS is not injured. LCW just got back from long layway of 8 mo. penalty. What injury are you talking about? LCW is just happy to get back in action. I do not see any sign of injury whatsoever.

GYL is heavily strapped as precaution. it does not mean that she is injured.

#266 indrg, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
  7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. don't go into Gillian Clark mode where she think every strap and tape correspond to some mysterious injury. most players carry some injuries when they play. And none of them are big deal and most players just endure through it.

I still remember back many years ago in HK Open, Zhang Yawen after playing her match was sitting on the court side in agony. even though on court, she looked totally 100%.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry but very difficult to say. I read the news about GVS left and right knee injuries off late. That is why Goh V Shem stopped participating in tournaments for a couple of months due to his injuries. He hasn't completely heal yet and this is true. Whatever it is, injured or not, it is the performance at the court that is more important. No players will talk about injuries, They just endure the pain and play on.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, I misheard her.

10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

India girls played well and boys let them down. Indian doubles are still taking baby steps. They weren't crushed and played better than I expected.;) Considering Malaysia is way ahead in Doubles coaching and have a system in place. There is no sound doubles system in India. It will take time to build.

Korea will not have a cake walk. If the boys can take some confidence from today, India can win 3-2. It's going to go down to, who handles pressure better. Yes, of course Korea as a team is better than India. Weaker teams sometimes do miracles. Korea crumbled against Malaysia under pressure. Korea or India, who is going home?

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Do we really have an option for JG?

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes this point I have to agree with you. I feel very sad for India as they don't have good doubles coach. So sad. I just wish India could have at least a decent doubles coach. Anyway I must agree with you that it is going to be very difficult for Korea to win tomorrow. Today even Gill Clark says could it be for the first time that Korea needs to pack their bags early and go back home early. I felt sad when I heard this but I must admit that she is already stating the truth.

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Don't give her ideas. She might do just that if you tweet this too her.

14. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    I agree. Usually, i never predict outcomes beforehand. But i have a feeling that India will win it 3-2 against Korea on Wednesday. No offense. Korea has world class doubles players. But still i think india have chance in MS, WS and XD or WD. That's my prediction. I thought India will lose 1-4 to Malaysia. But they fought very well and took 2-3 loss against Malaysia.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

No worries an again no offense here and just my own predictions. Yes Korea as former powerhouse no 2 is under great pressure now to win against India tomorrow. Under such intense pressure anything can happen again.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Even last year, in all team events, girls outperformed boys..... Nothing new there unfortunately...
    Despite their larger pool and depth, the boys are consistent under-performers at the world stage, while girls are known to bring That Leander spirit every time they play team events.

BTW Badmuse, KOR are much, much better than MAL as a team, yesterday was a huge upset.... MAL was expected to go down 1-4 or 2-3.
    [MENTION=121998]Lokesh[/MENTION] I predicted 3-2 win vs MAL and 2-3 vs Kor..... Now its upto JG to punch above her weight again....

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well no matter how slow JG is or how fat she is or how we pity Ashwini to do all the work all the time..
    I would disagree and debate everyone who speeks a word against her at least today.. Of course I am AP fan and aanti JG but today she played brilliantly.. She took advantage of her experience always consoled and help AP cheer up and continue.. Whenever the shuttle approached we were guaranteed by a point.. She made less error and hit the shuttle harder than AP did time and time again.. Her unusual serves were unpredictable and her attitude was par excellence.. She outwitted and was surely the best of the 4 players at the court today..
    We need to thank her and her experience and mental toughness which made it possible for IND.. Remember it was AP who made 3 errors on a trot otherwise IND would've sealed the deal in straight games..
    JG pushed over her weight and even with her zero figure physique ;) played a fantasticly ..

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well I still believe IND should try PVS and AP in WD
    And JG and akshay in XD.. Even though AP/JG were very good today they still aren't enough to def even more experienced CYN/JKE..
    KHN/KSH aren't at their best and a little of luck can help IND get the point.. IND can pull off a 3-2 victory a lucky experiment is all they need..

19. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    But Jwala can deliver the winner shots. She has the power the pair needs.

20. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    If India can get good doubles coaching/players they will be a big big threat to all the teams.