Victor New Thruster... TK9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cedricjy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Should probably come in at the same prices as the JS10 and HX800 range. Victor like pricing their stuff around the same especially for the MIT or flagships.

2. nuugut

nuugut Regular Member

what is the balance point of this racket? (don't remove original grip and over with towel grip)

mine is 290 I don't know it is too low or not?

Thanks

3. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    My two dry BP is estimated to b ard 297/298mm, iirc...

4. type R jai

type R jai Regular Member

mine strung with original grip is 319mm from handle end. This is 4UG5 weighing in at 93g

5. type R jai

Great or good thing abut forums is the huge amount of info available

After reading ( http://badminton-coach.co.uk/5283/victor-thruster-9000-badminton-racquet-review/ ) i got myself a 4UG5 K9000.

A while back i ordered some demo rackets to try. I ordered a VZFii ( 3ug4 ) and a K9000 ( 4uG5).

Had to weight them and measure their BP. BP were almost identical. VZFT came in as 321mm and the K9000 317.

What suprised me most was their weights. The 3U VZFii was lighter then the 4U K9000.Only by 1g but it was still lighter at 92g. On the same scales my 3U AT700 was 99g and my 3U MP99 was 98g

Had a quick session yesterday. Liked the feel of both. VZFii had amazing power when you caught it in the sweet spot. The K9000 had notibly less but during play felt much more maneuverable and faster. Even if the weight suggested other wise.

Afer going through 55 page on here i feel i may be better off with the 3U K9000 so ordered one.

I will sell the 4U if the 3u feels better. All my rackets are 3U anyway.

6. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

anyone able to comment comparing TK6000, TK9000 and yonex NR900?

7. clochette

clochette Regular Member

used to be on tk9000 before switching to tk6000(both 4u)
    no comments on nanoray900 though

might be due to my technique or swing speed, but I'm able to appreciate the tk6000 much better. might be due to the flexier shaft which was why I feel like I'm able to generate a better smash. defense wise feels the same to me, I'm able to drive back smashes due to my height advantage with ease. steeper smashes were also returned with a flick of the wrist.

control on both is good, but then again, take my comments with a pinch of salt as my technique is intermediate at best.

if given a chance, I'd like to try out the tk9000 side by side with the tk6000 again to see any real difference

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

No exp with NR900 except that its head light. Both TKs r head heavy with BP around 300mm. The 6ooo has a flexier shaft than the 9ooo by a notch or more.

IME with both, the 6ooo is easier to pick up. Both r equally fast rackets but found the 9ooo has more to offer esp in the power department. Its stiffer shaft also translates into more accuracy n better ctrl of the birdie.

#928 TeddyC, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  9. type R jai

Hey guys just want to confirm something. The post above for the weight of the 4U TK9000 is demo racket with string and overgrip.

I now have a brand new 4u and a brand new 3u TK9000.

The 4u seems insanely light and the 3u really heavy

The 4u with string and without overgrip but with original grip and label is coming in at 86g

the 3u with string but with overgrip, original grip and label is coming in at 101g.

Is it me or have i got a really light 4u and a really heavy 3u.

Cant wait to hit some feathers with the 3u. It could be a monster, makes my AT700 3u feel light which weighed in at 99g but without original grip but with a karakel grip.

can you TK9000 owners post your set ups and weights. thanks

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Sounds like you got extreme ends of either spectrum. 3g for string and 1.4g for single layer of plastic. So technically they're in spec.

Last 3U TK9000 I had was 89.88g with VS800 + original grip + single layer of plastic.

#930 Ch1k0, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  11. type R jai

That puts my 3U at over 10g Heavier. :eek:. My 3U has Ashaway Zymaz 67, Original grip and plastic seal and a Krep overgip up to the start of the handle and not up the shaft.

And if i put a overgrip on my 4U it would be heavier then your 3U:D

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Of course it would be. But if I had the exact same setup mine would obviously be heavier but I used towel anyway which came up to 103.49g so I still played heavier than yours does =P

13. type R jai

if I decide to keep the 3u I will be removing the original grip to lighten it a bit and move the BP back towards the head. do this with all my rackets.

wow practically 104g. did it tire your arm after long sessions.

Can't wait to try my 3u. gonna take along my AT700 for a good comparison. still need to have a good session with my tk6000 but feel it's been strung too high for me at 28lb. gonna have it Re stung to 25lb

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Of course it did. In all fairness, although it was a relatively light 3U I'm more accustomed to even balanced rackets.

15. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  16. type R jai

I am the exact opposite. I only look for head heavy rackets.I made a mistake getting the mp99. probably a very decent racket for most and a good all rounder but it didn't suit me

17. type R jai

Thanks Paul. I have read both your reviews of the tk6000 and tk9000. It ended with me getting a 3u tk6000 3u tk9000 and 4u tk9000.

I have tried the 4u tk9000 and I feel I maybe better off with the 3u. 4u was really fast compared to say my at700 but lacking a bit in power. maybe I'm not quite use to it. so really need a back to back between 3 and 4u.

Incidentally when I was trying to locate a 4u in Hong Kong many shops said they quickly sold out of the 4u when the tk9000 was first released. they thought it was strange as people whom want head heavy rackets want the higher weight of a 3u. think this may have been more then a coincidence of when you released your review.

18. Vince88

Vince88 New Member

Engineer
    Hi guys

Currently using MX JJS and looking for a second racket. In terms of head heaviness and racket stifness, how will the TK9000 compare. Considering between VT80 and TK9000 at the moment.

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Head heavier and slightly less stiff.

20. josepaul83

josepaul83 Regular Member

I used all these racket Compare to MX JJS TK9000 is medium stiff and more easier to use, and VT80 is the most head heaviest and difficult to play with, but got a wonderful feeling with it, I would highly recommend for singles. TK is a smasher racket with super defence capability, and is easy to play but when I use to play with I enjoyed and at some time felt like it lacks something I could not smash and Win games all the time, I moved back to MX JJS which is an all rounder and a different class of racket solid feel stiff shaft head heavy and suits for my kind of long and aggressive rally in Doubles most occasion MX JJS let me hang in there and win.