Victor KOREA Open Superseries 2015 : SEMIFINALS (19th September 2015)

Discussion in 'YONEX Open Japan / Korea Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 18, 2015.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    2014 Asian Games Results Tainted By Rampant Cheating Allegations Hurled Against Hosts

DID YOU MEAN A WIND LIKE THIS???

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/2014-asian-games-results-tainted-rampant-cheating-allegations-hurled-against-hosts-south-korea

I am not aware of any other stadium having "THE WIND CHANGING SIDES" to the benefits of the host players regardless of which side of court they play.

Of course there are some stadiums having the wind issues, but they are FIXED issues, the wind plays against ANY player being on the "wrong side" of court!

One should be able to differentiate the two cases.

#361 kelana, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. foliot

foliot Regular Member

All of you who accused the host for playing dirty tricks need to calm down. The minimum length of break between matches for a player is regulated by the BWF itself, and it is indeed 30 minutes (as pointed out before). While I do think that it's too short and probably abused by the host, it's the BWF regulation that needs to be fixed. 30 minutes rest between matches in professional level is stupid.

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    So are you saying nothing unfair was done to LYD in China if we look at the end result alone?

4. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Boxing wasn't Incheons fault. it was AIBAs. It happens in every damn amateur boxing tournament. including the events held in India.

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

If i am not wrong , AIBA's chief is a korean. That was clearly visible @Incheon. You know what i am saying. Even, badminton was not an exception there. So many dubious line calls. I did not watch any live matches. But somebody posted a video here showing that happening. Unbelievable.

6. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

it is more fair if xd was played first so china xd pair faced fresh lee yong dae

it is a little bit unfair although lee still won

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    In 2010 Asiad too AIBA chief was Korean not Chinese, In 2001 WC to AIBa chief was Korean not Indian, In London 2012 too AiBA chief was Korean not English.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yes, that's true. That would be fairer to LYD.

Do you think we should abolish the 30-minute rule? Would it be better if Zhang Nan plays both XD and MD at the same time? Like one rally here at XD and then one rally next at MD? Would that be more enjoyable?

#368 pcll99, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Your argument is flawed, there is a big difference between letting nature takes its course while doing what is fair and proper as opposed to deliberately manipulating (or due to oversight ?) the schedule on two different courts where the worst-case scenario may occur.

To use your example, what if the 3rd and 4th matches are long-drawn affairs taking up 2 - 3 hours in total? Compare this with the BWF minimum 30 minutes break , not much different ? That's also the reason why some argue for ZN's XD to be the 1st and MD the 5th match of the day on the same court.

True, ZN is taking a risk playing two events but the BWF rulebook allows it,as such proper arrangements should be made to accommodate such cases as far as possible and not make it worse for them.

The situation in the qualification rounds where two matches are played within a day for the same event is unfortunate, lamentable, seemingly unavoidable (due to costs considerations and other reasons not easy to addressed thus far) but at least it applies only once, not in the main draws for those who qualify. This is not a good or valid excuse for what happened to ZN here which is an avoidable or mitigable problem.

I'm absolutely sure every host/organizer will do their utmost to make their tournament a resounding success so it is imperative to make sure it as well-planned and well-organized as possible.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agree and this is what I stated in my post somewhere... But then the the person as said here is a Korean and then yes they do all such things but getting an inseparable part of sport like badminton in one particular nation... Is too much to digest

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agree guyz!! And didn't I criticized the planned effort!! I totally relate to your posts.. But then its effort in vane if you keep posting here... If the sun rose from east even today then none of those Koreans as well as BWF officials are reading these posts!! Quarrel in worse conditions going on higher level can never bring justice but hatred and diversions often prejudice and stereotypes.... And of course it results miles away from peace...
    Firm sentences are said and unanimously agreed I can't see any point in prolonging this

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    And kruntil my friend do you is it right to do whatever happened to a player Y in X nation. A player from X nation deserves to get back the same treatment from Y's nation... This is a sport and not a battlefield to take revenges.. If mistakes happen others should do their best to avoid the mistake on their part.. This is what we learn isn't it?

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Ok... the organizer should have put ZN/ZYL first in court #1 to be fair for him to recover to be ready for his last MD match in court #2... i guess.. this is acceptable. Now ZN/ZYL will concentrate in 1 match, XD. Natsir/Tontowi better be ready to avenge the INA SS defeat.

Poli/Maheswari also better be ready to play the Koreans WD pair. The crowds, linesmen, and the stadium's wind direction are all against them which ever side they are playing. Good luck to both INA pairs made it to the final.

14. renbo

renbo Regular Member

There were many years of Korean opens without anything happening, except dubious line calls here and there. There is no need to call names on Koreans.
    Man man change of wind blowing I have seen before in other country.