Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tecdecs, Sep 11, 2014.

1. freewilly

freewilly Regular Member

to be honest..i don´t feel any loss in Speed with 3U KRP...
    and just because it is 3U..it doesn´t mean, it´s much "Heavier".

there is maybe more Weight..but not that it interfere the Speed or something.
    Handling,Speed, Power..everything superb in KRP...that´s why it´s called KRP, i guess :)

there is no 3U or 3U KRP in Germany..as far as i know...only 4U.

HX-800 is a Force to be reckon with...this one is really good.
    just don´t compare it with JS10...don´t know why people always compare it with JS10...they are both great..just "Different" great.

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh even without owning the 3U version of the racket. The answer to your question is the same comparison between a 4U and 3U brave sword of the same model.

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    They are bound to be compared with each other with both being pioneers of the snall head shape style for Victor. It's like expecting the VT80 and MX80 to not have been compared in 2011 when they both released around similar periods.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I think Victor feels the same way, fortunately - all three flagship rackets have small heads and 2+4 patterns. We'll have to wait and see what Yonex does with the Arcsaber replacement, but it's worth a fiver that that will have a small head as well.

As you say - speed, power, feel... and they're stronger.

5. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

Quick question for freewillyy. Was there size difference between 4u js10 compare to 3u krp? From I read from Paul it was taller? Is this true? Thanks

6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Gotta admit. They're taking a wee long arse time to replace the AS line..

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    By taller Paul means the balance. Not the dimensions.

8. freewilly

freewilly Regular Member

Thanks Ch1k0 for answering the question for me :)

yep..the balance is taller..or can we say "higher"?

9. Wussy

Wussy Regular Member

Ohh the bp is higher I though he meant thr racket was actually taller in size lol My bad.

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I respect your feelings, but for OCD people like me, we need data. What about: swing weight and overall weight of 3U KRP and commercial 4U? My advice: [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] you should get a 3U KRP!!!;)

11. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

The question is where to purchase ... ? :confused: :(

Regards,

Joachim.

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Great question. AFAIK SOSA is out of stock for it. No other retailers have it yet either.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Although Paul has just written down his long-awaited first impressions of the JS10, I would still like to add my short(?) review of the Jetspeed 10 as promised.

Disclaimer: Most content of the review is based on my fully subjective impressions. This is also my first written review so I hope to cover the most important things and not just blabber around.

Test settings / background
    JS10 4U, strung with BG80 @25x25 lbs. Dry weight was 85.2g (unstrung with intact plastic wrapping on the handle), I didn’t measure the BP. I generally prefer stiff and head heavy rackets, my other two main rackets are a TK9000 and a VT80 both in 4U. I play 50/50 singles and doubles. The reason for buying the JS10 was mainly because I wanted a faster racket since I lately started to struggle a bit in my defence and also to improve my net game in doubles.

General impression
    I started the training session right off using the JS10 and I connected with it from the first shot on. The racket is lightning fast and in general just very easy to use. The balance sits nicely somewhere between even balanced to slightly head heavy but evidently less head heavy than the TK9000, whilst stiffness feels very close. The difference in balance and the better aerodynamics makes it considerably faster than TK9000 which made it necessary to slightly adjust my timing on power shots. However, this was no big deal at all, so don’t expect those massive timing issues that you maybe had with a Z-Slash. I also didn’t notice that the sweetspot is any smaller than with a regular isometric head and I felt the racket was quite forgiving when you hit slightly off-center.

Clears/Dropshots
    Clears are just effortless with very good control. Dropshots felt solid and crisp and very easy to control. I also hit some very good and surprisingly consistent sliced dropshots – I don’t know if I just was in good shape yesterday of if this was partly an effect of the racket.

Smash
    To be honest, I was really worried about the expected trade-off in the power department. I am not the hardest smasher and I was afraid that if I lose even more power through a more even-balanced racket I might get very vulnerable against some mean counter attacks, especially in singles. As said, with the first couple of smashes I hit the shuttle too close or even with the top of the frame. But when I first fully hit the sweetspot it was a real eye-opener. First of all, the sound it produces when you hit correctly is very impressive – my doubles partner literally turned around with big eyes to see where this gunshot-like sound had been coming from. And when you hit it properly, I was so happy with every aspect of the smash. Speed of the shuttle is good but maybe a tiny bit less compared to the TK9000, angle and placement are at least on par. I especially liked how easy it is to perform kind of deceptive wrist-only half-smashes with a very steep angle. Definitely something I will keep working on in future.

Drives/Pushes/Netplay
    Playing fast drive exchanges was as you would expect it from such a fast racket: Plain perfect and significantly better than with the TK9000, hands down. It’s so damn easy to just give a little squeeze with your fingers to send the shuttle where you want it to go. Touch shots around the net were also very good and on par with the TK9000.

Defence
    Same here: Just brilliant. I had situations where I had already finished my defence swing when the oncoming shuttle had barely crossed the net. This resulted in a mistake and some laughter from the other guys on court. But if I get used to the speed, I see serious potential to improve my defence compared to the TK9000. In parallel, our coach also told me that my posture in defence got a bit too upright and sloppy so there should be a way to improve my defence again.

Summary
    I am really happy that I bought the JS10 and it will definitely be my racket of choice for the upcoming season. I would describe it with one word: Easy. You grab it, start playing without giving too much thought and it simply delivers in all aspects of the game. I had several of my clubmates (from beginners to advanced players) testing my JS10 yesterday and literally all of them were able to almost immediately bring on their normal game, although string tension was around 3-4 lbs. higher than they are used to. And I am quite sure that at least one of them will also order his own JS10 soon – he is a strong smasher already and I nearly wet my shorts as his first cruise-missle-smash was coming towards me when using the JS10.

For me, the JS10 is a brilliant allrounder with no noticeable weakness but with very good to near-perfect capabilities in all areas that matter. Although normally being a 4U guy, I would not be afraid to use it in 3U. But since it is not available through the regular channels, I just keep enjoying the 4U version and don't spend many thoughts about all the maybes of the 3U. However, it just doesn't make sense that Victor does not sell the 3U version as a standard option.

14. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Great review, thank you !:)

Regards,

Joachim.

P. S.: May I suggest to introduce a "Thumb-up"-smiley ? It's definitely missing !

15. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

It's only a matter of time till I give in and try this racket everybody seems to love so much... :p

16. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Join the club and get in line ... ! :D

Regards,

Joachim.

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

For me personally, there is one thing missing though: This kind of passionate excitement that I had for example after the first session with the TK9000. The power of the TK9000 was so overwhelming that it completely outshone all the maybe not-so perfect aspects of the racket. I literally left the court afterwards with a broad smile on my face.

While for the JS10 it feels like everything you need from a racket is... just there... and without having to really fight for it. So maybe I am missing this one shining unique feature that can cause this kind of excitement.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Good review [MENTION=113405]s_mair[/MENTION] :D

Make sure you access the slight whip of the shaft... or kickback as Paul puts it.

#1538 visor, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  19. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=11783]Mark A[/MENTION]
    Yes, it is a very solid frame for one that is so fast. Can't wait to read the TK9900 and HX800 reviews.

Which brings me to wonder, this frame being more compact than the usual iso frame in the north south direction, does that mean we don't need as much tension differential between the crosses and mains? I'm even thinking a square tension on it would be reasonable.

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

So far I've done 31 square, 30/32 and 32/33, and it made little difference to the resulting dimensions. This one seems to like everything!