Victor Hypernano X-800 | 2015

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 23, 2014.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

You should get a JS10 quick. It is that good.

Re 8/9 crappy feel, well at least HX800 has some sort of feel, even though it's... weird.

2. junclot

junclot Regular Member

second that, not much diff between 8PS and 9 (i have both 4U, 26lbs gosen pro 70)

tried JS10 too and its swing speed is so much quicker than 8PS or 9 that it seems like a totally diff series lol

i myself find the 8PS slightly heavier n slightly more demanding than 9, v v minimal diff though

compared to BS12 4U, 8PS/9 swings abit slower, but abit more power in smash

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Okay, that was then the final nail to the X800-coffin for me. And I am still waiting for a single hard fact about what makes this racket special in any way. Even [MENTION=52774]paulstewart64[/MENTION] hasn't mentionend anything specific apart from "I like it better than the JS10!" and yet still there was no five-star-platinum review for it.

4. hgl13

hgl13 Regular Member

Selling mine at the buy and sell section. Feel free to have a look if anyone looking try one. Its on mint condition.

5. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

how stiff and aerodynamic is the Ahmad?

6. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    It's a Jetspeed head on a stiff shaft.

7. kintenka

kintenka Regular Member

professional player
    You are waiting for the right rackets. I'm wielding a JS10 3U KRP, so much feel to it, such power... In MD and XD at least, dont know how it will behave in singles tho, but probably just as good.

Are there any HX800 in 3U ? I'm Victor sponsored and even they couldnt get me any to test.. I'd like to compare my JS10 3U KRP to a 3U HX800, yet I wont think that any racket will overtake my JS10 3U KRP

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yeah the HX800 does come in 3U off the shelf. I've already seen them in TWP(owned that one too), KRP and MYP forms.

9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    s_mair

I haven't written a review on this racket because it will not be released until march 2016 in Europe. I recently launched a quick review on Youtube. Of course it isn't as detailed as my written review and I did not release a score.

Whilst some will not like this racket, i am using it as my racket of choice. So whilst it won't score like a Jetspeed 10, I still like it and prefer the heavier, fast frame.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I haven't seen your quick review on YouTube yet, so I will have a look at it soon. However, I question if it makes really sense to postpone a full review until a new racket is officially launched in Europe. Two reasons:

1) It's not really hard to get rackets directly from Asia. Also some European online shops are already selling the X-800 since last September.

2) I guess you have quite a lot of readers from non-european countries who are also interested in your reviews. And reading reviews over 1 year after release is a bit like reading last week's newspapers. Especially with the frequency in which number Victor is launching their new rackets.

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Until the customs and Victor Germany give you the feel of a "Darmspülung". Ask [MENTION=64484]j4ckie[/MENTION] and me via PM. We both had trouble with Victor products from Asia, because they call them automatically as fakes. You don't have any chance. The officer at the customs will argue always: "Heutzutage können die alles fälschen. Auch die Sicherheitsmerkmale.":eek::rolleyes:

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Gotta agree there. You really will have to insist, and get in their face again and again....and in the end, force them to prove that its fake. However, that might mean your rackets/shoes/... might be held up by a few months if youre unlucky

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I do wonder though. Do you guys go through the same ******** if it was you guys personally bringing it in in your luggage?

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I'm unlucky as hell. Mine lies there since 2010/2011. :rolleyes: I gave up.

15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Depends. Sometimes you will have luck, sometimes you are ****ed up. My brother received a big package for birthday from his girlfriend from HK without trouble which was marked as gift. I got a small package from MBS at around the same time with grommets and the invoice outside. Now you can guess who must went to the customs office, with his paypal invoice, a screenshot of the shop to open the package? BTW we live in the same city. German customs can often be a drama if they think they small a rat.

16. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

So the have your rackets / equipment ordered since 2010/11 ?

I have once ordered a Racket from MBS, had to go to the customs and pay taxes, but got the racket. Same case with clothing. Ironically for faked clothing from Victor I don't even had to pay taxes...

17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I ordered a racket around 2010/2011. It was holded back by the customs. After spending much time and anger, I decided one day to let it go. It wasn't MBS, but also well known.

I think it depends on the office. If they have a lot work they work quick but sloppy. But if this office has 3 employees which don't have much work and just do "Käffchen und Eier schaukeln", then one strange package from Asia is the highlight of the week. As long as I lived in a bigger city, there weren't any problems and even I didn't need to pay for taxes. Every package was delivered to my doorstep without any issues. Then I moved to a much smaller city and DANG, on every 2nd package they smell a rat.

#777 ucantseeme, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  18. visor

visor Regular Member

^ It does look like your local small town customs office just wants to boost it's revenues, doesn't it? Either that or someone there has taken a fancy to your Victor rackets, clothing, and shoes.

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It definitely depens on the office and the guys in charge there. I ordered one racket from Eric last year and everything went so smoothly with "my" office here. I live very close to the border to Austria and Switzerland and so it's their daily business. I went there, showed my PayPal invoice, paid the import tax (which kind of sucked anyways... but hey, law is law...) and left the office with my new racket. Didn't take more than 10 minutes.

What those guys really don't like is when they get the feeling that someone is trying to take them for idiots - showing fake invoices and things like that. Not saying that ucantseeme was showing any intentions in that direction. :rolleyes:

20. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    For the record I was asked not to publish my review until the racket is launched in 2016. And, for the record i haven't written a review of HX800.

I know a number of players who have successfully imported rackets from Asia and I also know of a number of players who faced a £70 bill from customs for 1 racket.

I am in a fortunate position that I don't buy rackets. I only own 1 racket and the rest are demoes lent to me so that players can test after my review.

I'm really enjoying using HX800and can now feel the bend in the shaft. There are times when I hit off centre and I can then experience the hollow feel that some players have mentioned here. It doesn't happen too often and it certainly doesn't put me off the racket.

My demo is strung at 26/27. I found the 1lb variation helped on this frame although I can't explain why. It just felt better.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk