Victor Bravesword LYD replacement???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by vudoo, Nov 21, 2023.

1. vudoo

vudoo Regular Member

Hey BC folks! It's been a while since I've posted - lots of games in between then and now, and I need some help. I'm in the market for some new racquets.

I've had a number of Victor Bravesword LYD over the years and slowly they've been getting banged up to the point where I am down to my last one. It's a 3U version. It's really too bad that this is a discontinued racquet, and I'd like to keep this last one as a souvenir. Anywho, I am looking for a replacement racket to make my main weapon... does anyone have any recommendations on suitable replacements? I'm open to Yonex, Victor, or Li-Ning as they're readily available to get in my area. Thanks for your help!

2. Verised

Verised Regular Member

The most readily available and similar to your racket would be the BS12 SE

3. vudoo

vudoo Regular Member

Thanks Verised - I was looking up some reviews on the forum for the BS12SE and it looks great. There is a lot of comparison between it to the OG BS12... so what would you say is the reason why it would be more similar? I'm cautious with the higher BP due to it being head-heavier, I don't recall the LYD being as high as that.

4. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Huge majority of the Korea team who used Bravesword switched to the Nanoflare 700.

5. vudoo

vudoo Regular Member

I went to demo the NF700 and it wasn't for me. I tried to keep an open mind but the headlight racquet didn't do it Smashes were not crisp and powerful, even though it is pretty easy to defend.

Waiting to hear back on the BS12SE... does anyone have any suggestions? Santa is coming to town in the next few weeks, hoping around then would be the perfect time to upgrade.

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    The SE should have been called the BS11SE imo. Is stiffer and taller than the 12. I assume BS12 sold better than BS11, so they used that model name to help boost sales.

NickifiedNg likes this.
  7. WhitePants

WhitePants Regular Member

BS LYD is stiffer and head-heavier than the OG BS 12 to begin with so the BS12SE may be a really good option.

The main thing about the BS12SE is the sword frame which you will find very familiar and cannot find elsewhere today.

vudoo likes this.
  8. vudoo

vudoo Regular Member

I think you're right about this. I'm about to go pick one up but now I'm stuck with figuring out between 3U and 4U lol. There's a BS12SE thread I've been looking at and maybe I'm not reading it right... but the 4U feels more head-heavy even though it's slightly lighter, and the 3U is slightly more even-balanced while being slightly heavier overall? Is that right? Any suggestions?

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-bravesword-12-color.190187/page-6

For more data, my BS-LYD is a 3U, 85g w no strings and only stock grip.