Unbranded Automatic Base Lock. Has anyone use this?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ah_lim, May 2, 2023.

1. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Hi all, I am looking to upgrade my manual base lock to automatic gravity release type. Current base lock is manual spring loaded type, nothing wrong with them but hurts my hands on prolonged use, can be quite tight to release and tighten.

I found this on eBay UK and also AliExpress.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28452471...YuTXy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001189674439.html

It says gravity release and there is an automated release button. The diameter of the base lock hole to receive the swivel clamp is 12mm. Fit 14mm rail slot on a 9mm thickness base plate. Dimension seems to check the box for my current machine but it says unbranded on eBay and I have not seen any review.

Has anyone used ,experienced or come across this base lock? Would really like to know if it is any good.

2. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I am using them right now. Although they are old models, they did a good job. However, things to note is you might get different quality of each base lock. For ex, release button is harder on 1 lock compare to another one.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

3. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    These models are from Alpha/AEF.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

4. ah_lim

ah_lim Regular Member

Thanks Tjiew for the quick response.

Not sure why it says unbranded in eBay but branded Alpha in AliExpress, think the eBay one must be an OEM, as they look exactly the same.

I am going to take the plunge and invest in a pair. Hopefully it will make my stringing job easier and quicker.

Attached Files:

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

they are the same bases that are used on the Superstringer machines for years. Solid construction and get the job done. A lot better than the standard spring loaded bases in any case.

ah_lim likes this.