UK Li Ning buyer experience

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by DuckFeet, Oct 22, 2023.

1. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Just wondering what other people's experiences are like, and having a bit of a rant.

The prices are RRP at official shop, discounted at the likes of Direct-badminton , Central sports etc but far less availability of stock. I randomly found a code had been added to my basket when "window" shopping so I thought great, that's puts the price of the racket at an almost acceptale level (£230 down to £184). It's been rejected on the grounds that I am not authorised to use it. Seems very weird. Still no idea where it came from.
    I am accepting that the only result I'm getting is a refund, but I thought they should honour the discount. The T&C are worded such that they can do what they want.
    "acceptance and the creation of the contract between you and us will take place at the point you are notified that the products you have ordered are ready for delivery" - They just need to slap it in a box, I'd say that's ready! :) Not being bitter or salty, just wondering about the legal side of it, before I wonder about plan B for a new racket.
    Additionally, the price on the DK site is discounted to EUR211 from 280ish, which is about the same as the 184 discounted price i tried to buy at. So UK price is artifically high? Li Ning said that VAT would be added, so they can't send me one from DK instead. UK site didn't add VAT to the price shown at any point. I thought inporting was frowned upon, but I don't see i have any other options if I want LN stuff, so I suppose I don't!

And don't get my started on shoes. I've gone back to Yonex for shoes too, since Li Ning list US sizes and return postage was most of the way across Europe...

Aaaaaaaaand relax!

Dlee, s_mair and Dave1011 like this.