Tying badminton towel grip right to the top.

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Sgbad, Oct 10, 2007.

1. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I used to do that (until I got sorta allergic to towel grip)
    I didn't notice any weight/balance changes.

All I can say about whether or not actually gripping it to the highest point, Sigit doesn't, nobody does... Sigit wraps it 2 inches up the shaft, because he holds it up 1 in, he doesn't want to be bothered by the end of the grip.

2. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

Maybe he cant be bothered cutting the grip? :p

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

that too, tow rap the grip up you ahve to cut it very slim. Normally the grip is ~1 in wide, if you wnat to wrap it up high trim it of until the grip is 1/4 in wide.
    so he basically cuts a length and wraps it on ;)

4. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    What a waste on such a talented player. If only he has more self discipline.:(

5. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    im mainly a doubles player and i also lik to hold my racket quite high up for shots at the front of the court because i feel it helps with the quick reaction shots at the front. but the thing is i dont lik towel grips, i feel its not comfy enuf.....so i use karakal pu supergrips. however its much more difficult to grip them all the way past the cone...i usually try to grip them all the way to the shaft or as near as possible.....the problem is the cosmetics of it isnt very good. any ideas?i guess cosmetics aint as bad wen i use thin gaffer tape. but i lik to use the karakal tape that comes with......so any1 know of anyway to make it look better?the actually result playing wise is very satisfactory......and the whole uni team ask me to grip their rackets....but its a bit of a shame the cosmetics of the grip at the top thats all.

6. Slicedbanana07

Slicedbanana07 Regular Member

I grip it about an inch up the shaft. It does feel a lot better and for certain shots such as net, defense and backhand/forehand slices, it gives me a much more solid feel, greater control and confidence when executing shots.

I only use the karakal overgrip (peachy i think itss called) and they are very easy to grip and in terms of cosmetics you shouldnt have much problem. The trick i use to get it nice and tight without much creasing and wrinkles is that for the handle, i pull nice and tight (not toooooo tight) until you get to the cone where i change the angle (more perpendicular towards the shaft) when applying, then i swivel the racket rather than constantly tugging the grip round the cone all the way to the shaft.

Wheresabouts do you play in bristol yippo888? I currently reside in Bristol and play at 3 different clubs during week days.