Two Piece String - advice needed

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Broto, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Broto

Broto New Member

I need to string my babolat x-feel essential using 2 - piece string , 4 knots in 22x21 pattern
    Can you guys advice on some good 2 piece string ?
    Also can I cut a one piece string (with meat cleaver , wire stripper etc) in 5.5 ft + 4.5 ft fashion to achieve the same ? Will it affect string integrity coz thats what my stringer told but i get the vibe he is trying to sell his product.
    Any suggestion advice regarding this ?

yenyesoh likes this.
  2. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

Sure you can cut one string into two to do 2-piece. If you're stringer is right, then Yonex should never sell any one piece strings. lol

Broto likes this.
  3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I'm reading this on April Fools day.. I need to start selling 2 piece strings for a premium!

But buddy, don't worry. Most stringers I know (including myself) use reels of 200m string and cut the length we need for every racket (I cut two parts, because I always string 2 piece). Use something sharp like a wire cutter to get a sharp edge around 45 degrees angle to make it easier to thread. 5.5 meters for the mains, 4.5 meters for the crosses is usually plenty. I wouldn't cut them 4.5 feet :D But in any case, you wouldn't have to cut it yourself if your stringer is stringing your racket.

Perhaps your stringer meant that two piece is better than one piece for integrity. There's a lot of discussion about this subject, and different manufacturers recommend different things. If he says you can't cut the strings and need to buy his 2 piece string kit, he's either an idiot or a scammer.

Broto likes this.
  4. Broto

Broto New Member

Ooo...got it ...5.5meter+4.5 meter..
    He repeatedly mentioned 2 piece strings but finally i sent 2 one piece strings (had a spare) to get him to do it 20210401_032122~3.jpg