Traum

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Traum, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Hello folks. This is Traum here.

Occupation
    Some kind of CS (computer science) guy. The problem is, I don't know exactly what kind of a CS guy I am. :rolleyes:

I'm also the Canadian West Coast distributor for Pointfore products.

Badminton Skill Level
    I'll insist that I am an intermediate player, but chances are, I'll probably get my butt kicked by other intermediate players from the forum.

History
    I started playing backyard badminton when I was only 5 or 6. Things pretty much stayed that way until junior high (grade 8) when I joined the school team. I was good enough to make the cut, but not quite good enough to get myself off the bench. I remained as one of two the backup players for three years (from grade 8 through 10) before I finally got fed up with not being able to play a single game in the inter-highschool tournaments. My trusty Carb15 was tossed into the closet in exchange for a pair of swimming trunks. That was certainly an extra gloomy day in my badminton "career".

Fast forward a few years and I found myself attending the top CS school in the country (I'm still not quite sure how I got accepted in the first place though...) Searching for something to brighten up a student's life (beer doesn't count :D), I heard about the university's badminton club and decided to give the sport a second chance. Fortunately for me, I met a ton of good friends at the club, got involved with the exec committee, and was hooked all over again by the game.

I am so thankful that I have rediscovered the sport. If it wasn't for this wonderful game, I wouldn't have been able to meet so many fine folks. And this time around, if someone won't let me play in a tournament, I'll just walk away and organize my own! :D

BC/BF/BR
    I first came across the site when I was looking for reviews on badminton racquets. As my rediscovered interest in the sport grew, I found myself visiting the site more and more frequently. Now I am officially addicted. Help!!! :D

About My Nickname...
    "Traum" is the name of my VW Bug, but the word actually means "dream" in German. I gave this name to my Bug, at my mother's suggestion, because the original Volkswagen Beetle has been my dream car for 20+ years. Ironically, I can never get that German accent right when I attempt to pronounce the word...

-Rick

#1 Traum, Nov 25, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  2. gothic.quincy

gothic.quincy Regular Member

Student
    nice to meet u traum..
    hope u have found a good racket...

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A late Welcome..

..to BCDF, Traum!:)..:eek:But someone has really come back to resurrect this intro thread!:eek:..Hopefully it'll work!:p

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    The guy hasn't been active on the forum for years.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^He last logged in..^^

..last yr, in July..:)

6. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I was referring to his postings though when I said he wasn't active for years. Members lurk all the time but seeing that his last login was last year, I stand correct.

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Extreme gravedigging.
    Closed :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.