tournament on 8th Jan.

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by extremepower, Jan 2, 2005.

1. extremepower

extremepower Regular Member

Help badminton players to enjoy badminton and affo
    There is also another tournament I was told. If you are keen, call the pasir ris players or boon lay players. Twisters should know the details. Closing very soon.
    rgds

2. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    Re

Hi,

Can u tell me the timing as well as day till when?
    i can go to see. Thks

Ceng

#2 Cengsc, Jan 2, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  3. extremepower

tournament.

will update you when I got the news. most likely morning 10am.
    rgds

4. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    Re

Hi,

thks.

ceng

5. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

this tournament is also only for ppl with PR status or greater issit? -_- what about foreign students leh? can join or not ah?

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi Iwan,

Can't help noticing your presence here of late. You are getting so popular now that many of our younger and more advanced players here are dying to challenge you in singles. To be able to beat Sophian (?) at least once or twice must be quite an achievement for I understand that he is a very good player, although I'm sure he is much older than you. Looks like your 'hard' training back home must have prepared you rather well.

I'm surprised that you now chose Singapore to study and forego your badminton ambitions. Of course, I think your dad would have preferred that you study and I'm sure he felt very 'safe' that you are in Spore. (Spore, despite its close proximity to the epicentre of the recent earthquake near Sumatra, was completely sheltered by the Indonesian islands while those 'exposed' beaches far, far away even in Somalia, were overwhelmed by the resultant tsunamis.)

I wished you had come earlier during the Aviva Open and joined us in our BC fun games with Kwun and others. But you may now be playing with some of them, esp Mongoose, as I thought I read that you now usually play at Jurong East on Sat mornings. Maybe by now Jeffreyk, David and Poseidonlee are your friends already.

Enjoy your stay and studies here and be a good sparring partner to our local boys. Maybe you must have read that the University of New South Wales will be setting up a campus here soon and you need not proceed to Australia again for further studies! ;)

7. WhyrlWynd

WhyrlWynd Regular Member

System Engineer
    Iwan = powa! :D

Yo Iwan, know who I am? :p

8. extremepower

tournament

You can try contact this guy and ask him. He registered for me. 90669063. You can ask him the number of the organizer. Hurry!

You seems to be a good player. Do come to chong pang tuesday 7.30pm to play. 6sgd per nite or 20sgd per month. If you are really good, I may recommend you some other places with good players.

Next week, I'll be in Jakarta. 10-14. You can give me some of the popular sports shop in Jakarta? I need to check if they will be my distributor for my new rackets. Is it pintu air area? Any other shops? You have friends there I can play with when I am there? Any phone numbers? Mine is 91816198.

Apply to University of Wollongong Australia lah. Got a Dr. there who is a very good player.

rgds

9. Iwan

Iwan Regular Member

actually I'm taking an Advanced Diploma for Business Administration course from Informatics Group now. It costs much cheaper to study in Singapore than in Australia, from the cost of living to the actual school fees. I paid $2700 a year for this course whereas it would've costed me $14000 in Australia.

However, if I don't get to play in tournaments during my stay in Singapore, I might pester my mom to send me to study in Melb or Sydney Uni next year :D they've got a great badminton team there consisting of many ex-state players from Msia and Indo :D I'll try contacting that guy xtremepower, i'll try coming this Tuesday too.

Oh Loh, no I don't play on Sat morning. I'm playing on Sat n Tue nights, with Sophian, Mark, Joseph, AWong, AOn, etc.

Whyrlwind... Cab30MP gave u away :p

About Sophian... I'm not really satisfied... coz at the time he was tired when I beat him in a one set match. But because of that he booked a court the next Tuesday to play singles with me :D went to third set, but I lost -_-

10. WhyrlWynd

WhyrlWynd Regular Member

System Engineer
    :eek: busted! :D

btw, how's the new racket?