Too focused on winning?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by SantaSCSI, Nov 5, 2012.

1. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

If you were at my club and the racquet thrown went anywhere near any players on the court I would have kicked you out. .

I don't care what is happening with your pairing. Don't throw racquets around.

2. Nict_26

Nict_26 Regular Member

just a job
    Chill dude, it's just a social game.
    I have lost countless games even though some with a high chances of winning.

I have lost 21-0 before and i just took it as an experience, i mean how many have lost with nil points!!

I just had a laugh over it and till today no one in my group could beat that score line, me and my partner had become like a record breaker or something.

Don't lose your character in losing your game..people tend to appreciate your gracefulness in defeat than arrogance in winning...Cheers! :)

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    many wise words has already been said. here is my two cents.

not everyone come into the game competitively. if it is just a regular club day, i know many people who just walks in trying to have a relaxed time after a long day, or simply to run around for some exercise. often times, that happens to me too. surely no one minds winning a game or two, but sometimes the goals are different.

perhaps it is better idea to step back and look at the big picture, at the end of day, it is just a game. sometimes we lose, sometimes you lose, it is not worth losing friendship over it.

4. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    hey dummy, you're directing your anger in the wrong direction. next time, throw the racquet at your partner.