Ti SP SX

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by MYSRH, Feb 13, 2001.

1. MYSRH

MYSRH Guest

Just wondering, with the new MP-100, does it make Ti SP SX worse than MP-100?
    How they are compared with each other?

I need to know the stiffness of Ti SP SX compared to Ti-10
    The weight, and is it good for defense? Or is it as stiff as Ti-10, coz' I tried Ti-10 before and I can't seem have a good defense using Ti-10

I really apreciate all input =D

2. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    If u didnt seem to find good defense with the Ti-10 Raquet, the MP100 will be even harder to handle because that raquet is even more head heavy and is very stiff.
    it is not designed for defense, but its main purpose is power...and power is the only thing it can effectivly be used for. as for the Ti SP, i do not know much about the raquet.

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've both Ti-10 and MP-100, but I've a somewhat different opinion. IMO, MP-100 is not very stiff, you can say it is stiff if you compare it with racquets like ISO 800 or Ti-SP-SA. In compare with Ti-10, I don't find it stiffer and personally have better control with MP-100.

However, MP-100 is slow and it's main advantage is for offense. So I use it mainly in single.

In fact, I also want to find a racquet which can give the same power during attack as MP-100, but at the same time, having very good speed and defense. So far, the only racquet which come close is the Mizuno Mystic Power 100 (it will be perfect if the power can be further increased a little bit). I've also tried Ti-SP-SA, it has very good speed and defense (but still less flexible than Mizuno), it is not good for attack.

p.s. The stiffest Yonex racquet I've come across so far is SP 900 SX. If you compare MP-100 with SP 900 SX, you will even say MP-100 is soft !

4. Shahzad

Shahzad Guest

What you should try is the Ti SP SA or SS which are different shaft designs. Whilst the Ti SP SX and SR are designed for the offecnsive minded player relying on smashes and power shots, the SA and SS are designed for defensive players who tend to retrieve the shuttly a lot.

Hope this helps